Our client for this Senior Winemaker opportunity in the Napa Valley area is a very well known high end winery.
This position oversees all winemaking operations for the winery.
We are looking for an experienced winemaker coming from a prestigious and low production winery (around 1000 tonnes/ year or less). The right candidates will have a strong track record of high ranking wines (96+). Ideally with previous experience in Bordeaux grape varieties, Cabernet, Merlot, Cab Franc, Petit Verdot and Chardonnay…
- Degree in Enology, Viticulture, Microbiology, Chemistry, or related field
- 6-12yrs winemaking and viticulture experience
- Experience with luxury winemaking with proven track record of high scoring wines (96+)
- Excellent teamwork skills with an easy inclusive communication style
- Minimum supervision and strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent organizer and planner
- Excellent communication skills – articulate and technical in writing and speech
- Highly refined wine tasting skills
- Highly Skilled in the use of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent Time Management – manage timelines and project milestones