Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Store Manager (Fine Jewelry) – Houston, TX
Location: Houston, TX 77056, USA
Industry: Fine Jewelry
Market: The Houston greater area
Reporting to: US Director of Stores
Direct Reports: Retail staff
Salary Range: () high base + commissions (%age of sales of the store)
Benefits: Health + Retirement benefits
Job ID: JO-1602-365
Our client is one of the most prestigious and exclusive international fine jewelry brand.
We are looking for an experienced retail sales manager coming from a luxury brands and ideally from luxury watches or fine jewelry.
Achieve and/or exceed Sales Plans and lead business development initiatives:
- Drive sales team to consistently achieve or exceed sales targets.
- Collaborate with all Corporate Departments
- Develop a strong knowledge of the boutique business and assess local market opportunities
- Actively promote networking activities including client events.
Manage and develop team:
- Motivate and support the overall sales staff
- Regularly conduct daily brief & team meetings, ensuring that staff is aware of the targets and client experience best practices.
- Manage administrative and HR tasks (including but not limited to scheduling, payroll and overtime management)
- Actively recruit and maintain talent pipeline.
- Partner with Retail Director and Training in order to elaborate and implement the coaching and training strategy for the sales team.
- Lead the performance management process through regularly scheduled individual meetings.
- Assess potential and propose development opportunities in partnership with Retail Director, HR and Career Committees.
- Responsible for creating a positive and united work environment amongst all staff.
Ensure exceptional client experience and develop client relationships:
- Ensure that the teams are consistently providing an exceptional client experience and maintaining the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism.
- Model luxury experience behavior and maintain a regular presence on the floor.
- Ensure flawless after-sales-service experience
- Control operating expenses: monitoring, analysis and action plan recommendations in order to optimize controllable costs.
- Partner with Operations team to ensure fluidity of operations.
- Inventory control and audits
- Stock management (including transfers and rotations)
- Daily set up and break down of boutique for opening/closing, as needed.
- Ensure perfect visual merchandising according to brand’s guidelines
- Partner with maintenance company to ensure perfect store maintenance
- Daily opening and closing, including cash registry and reports
Knowledge and compliance:
- Possess deep understanding and knowledge of brand and full range of all products and services to convey the brand’s heritage and values.
- Understand and comply with the brand’s security and operational procedures (e.g., product handling, inventory control, etc.)
- Possess a full understanding of the relevant marketplace and client demographic.
- Uphold the brand’s image by maintaining professional demeanor at all times and be an Ambassador for the Brand.
- Proven ability to generate sales with engaging presentation and communication skills
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Computer literacy
- Excellent knowledge of company’s product and philosophy
- Ability to develop relationships with customers, associates and management
- Good understanding of fashion trends and luxury industry
- Extensive experience in fine jewelry manufacturing and sales
- GIA graduate gemologist preferred.
- Appreciated previous experience: Boucheron, Buccellati, Bulgari, Cartier, Chopard, FRED, Graff, Harry Winston, Mikimoto, Piaget, Tiffany, Van Cleef & Arpels
- Appreciated previous titles: Store Manager, Store Director, General Manager, Retail Manager, Boutique Manager, Boutique Director