|Job Title||Supply Chain and Product Development Director – Cannabis|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Industry||Cannabis / Marijuana|
|Market||US and Canada|
|Channel||Wholesale and Retail|
|Reporting to||Chief Operating Officer|
|Visa||No Sponsorship available|
|Benefits||Health Insurance + Bi-annual bonus|
Our client is a fast growing company in the recreational cannabis industry. They are a service provider to licensed cannabis companies and offer them technologies, processes, packaging, branding and distribution strategies. They started their business based on an award winning cannabis oil vaporizer already distributed in 5 of the 9 legals states across the US.
The Supply Chain and Product Development Director will be responsible for managing day to day operations of all US and Canadian licensees, manage the supply chain supporting these sites, support equipment development and the development of new products and services.
The ideal candidate for this role will have 10+ years in related areas of expertise (Wines & Spirits, Tobacco or any other consumer goods category). The ability to bring both leadership and direct hands on engagement to accomplish the expectations and responsibilities is expected.
- The Supply Chain and Product Development Director will be responsible for managing day to day operations of all US and Canadian licensees, manage the supply chain supporting these sites, support equipment development and the development of new products and services.
- Licensee management to include delivery of company’s goals for quality assurance, cost, growth, site to site standardization, fulfillment and new product introduction. Leadership of on-going site support, visits and weekly operations is required.
- Supply Chain responsibilities to include the management of our overall inventory positions, related PO management, reverse logistics to support warranty, sourcing strategies, cost and quality management and supply chain design. Direct contract management of ours suppliers in China, Arizona and other parts of the united states will be required.
- The company’s products are fulfilled with unique and proprietary processes and equipment. The Director of Supply Chain and Product Development will be accountable for these processes and the support and development of equipment required and related contracts and equipment warranty programs. Responsibilities will include both the development and support of the equipment and related contracts and supplier relationships.
- The Supply Chain and Product Development Director will own bringing new products to market in partnership with product engineering and our product management groups. Accountability will be for products post concepts commit to first customer shipment. Responsibility will include prototype development, delivering pre-production and production products meeting customer quality and cost and schedule requirements.
- The Supply Chain and Product Development Director will also own hiring and building a team. It is expected that each major area will have management positions reporting directly. As part of this responsibility personnel development, team leadership and strategic planning will be required.
- 10+ years in supply chain or manufacturing operations
- BS Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering
- Familiarity with the cannabis industry
- Hardware product development experience
- Equipment development experience
- Supplier management
- Contract management
- Personnel leadership and development
- Startup experience
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, Medmen, Cura CS, Kush Bottles, Mammoth Distribution, RJ Reynolds, Imperial Tobacco, Philip Morris International, British American Tobacco.
- Appreciated previous titles: Operations Manager, Supply Chain Manager