|Job Title||Territory Manager – Premium Cigars (Philadelphia area)|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Alternate Location||(home based in the Philadelphia area)|
|Market||Greater Philadelphia Area|
|Reporting to||District Manager|
|Visa||Must have a valid US work authorization|
|Salary||USD $55k + 20% bonus|
Our client is a world leading manufacturer and distributor of premium cigars!
Territory Manager will be responsible for implementing plans of the Premium Cigar Division by frequent personal contact with Premium Cigar Retailers and Distributors.
- Plans itinerary in conjunction with the District Sales Manager to call on key tobacco shops, distributors, special accounts, according to the category to which employee has been specifically assigned.
- Compiles and maintains lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from assigned market area newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Responsible for initiating, planning and execution of promotional events of our products.
- Solicits cigar orders and endeavors to maintain adequate inventory in accounts. Introduces new brands, sizes and packing to all accounts.
- Organizes and attends operation partnerships and sampling events.
- Requires extensive travels through assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Promotes and protects premium cigar brands by aggressively seeking prominent displays. Rearranges merchandise in cigar cases for freshness and neatness.
- Confers with District Sales Manager to resolve customer problems.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Quotes prices and credit terms for direct buying customers and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Prepares daily and weekly reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- College degree preferred or minimum of 2 years consumer product or business to business sales experience.
- Ability to exercise sound commercial judgment.
- Strong influencing skills with customers.
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good knowledge of computer operations including MS Office and Outlook applications.
- Appreciated previous experience: Altadis, Altria, BAT, British American Tobacco, Imperial Tobacco, JTI, Japan Tobacco International, Philip Morris International, RJ Reynold’s, Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Mars, Unilever, P&G, Procter & Gamble, Coty
- Appreciated previous titles: Territory Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Sales Manager, District Manager