Title: Travel Retail Manager
Reporting to: Director of Travel Retail EMA
Direct Reports: none
Industry: Wine and Spirit
Compensation: 85k Euros + Bonus + Car allowance + long term incentives
Location:゠Frankfurt, Germany (or home-based in Europe)
Our client is a key player in the Wine and Spirits industry. Their Travel Retail/ Duty Free division is looking for a new Travel Retail Manager for the European territory.
Deliver the company’s objectives within Mainland Europe Travel Retail/Duty Free, maximizing business opportunities with key customers and route to market to ensure delivery of annual financial results balanced with long term profitable brand growth.
The ideal profile for this Travel Retail Manager (Area Sales Manager) role is an experienced international sales professional with strong previous experience in Duty Free / Travel Retail, regardless of the category (Perfumes & Cosmetics, Wines & Spirits & Beer, Fashion & Accessories, Tobacco, Confectionery, etc…)
- Develop a Duty Free Strategy for Mainland Europe, aligned to the Global Travel Retail strategy, which identifies opportunities for growth and builds the value of the company
- Develop strategic key account plans across the region, which enable delivery of annual brand plans and business objectives and ensures superior execution of activities
- Work with the EMEA regional team and GTR teams, developing the Duty Free Brand Marketing strategy with supporting initiatives that deliver increased brand visibility, improved consumer education and increased rate of sales for the company
- Execute global key account plans in the region – Gbr Heinemann, Nuance, WDFG, Dufry, Viking Line, etc
- In coordination with the Regional Director of EMEA, fully understand and influence the regional P&L to゠ensure budget delivery, taking responsibility for the financial forecasting & 3 year strategy.
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of the Travel Retail channels, and the implications of activity in Travel Retail on domestic operations
- Proactively seek business efficiencies to improve ROI.
- Build solid awareness of external market trends and developments (consumer, competitor, political insight) which informs commercial and operational decisions and feedback to the Global Director
- Develop a pricing strategy and annual pricing plan to deliver the Brand global price ambitions within the region whilst reviewing customers to identify most effective route to market to deliver strategic brand goals
- University degree in a Business related subject with 5-7 years of sales or key account management experience
- Proven understanding and experience of working in Travel Retail channels
- Excellent influencing & negotiating skills
- Excellent Brand building capability
- Excellent financial skills with evidence of profit responsibility
- Perfect presentation and communication skills
- Appreciated previous experience: Behn, Bottega, Bouchard, Botran, Brown-Forman, Campari, Camus, Castel, Nicolas Feuillatte, Vranken Pommery, Gosset, De Kuyper, Campeny, Diageo, Zamora, Godet Cognac, Grand Marnier, Harston Cellars, Heineken, Champagne Henriot, Jose Cuervo, La Martiniquaise, Lanson, Macduff, Ian Macleod, Mhler-Besse, Maxxium, Moet Hennessy, Osborne, Patron, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, SABMiller, Spi Group, Whyte & Mackay, William Grant & Sons, World of Patria, Cartier, Christian Dior, Clarins, Clinique, Cosmetics of France, Coty, Elizabeth Arden, Essence Corp, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Guerlain, Kenzo, Kiehl’s, L’Oreal, MAC Cosmetics, Occitane, P&G, Parbel, Procter & Gamble, Roger & Gallet, YSL Beaute
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Area Export Manager, Area Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager
How To Apply
About ACCUR Recruiting Services
Experts in Luxury Goods and Travel Retail global recruitment