|Job Title||US Business Development Manager – Gourmet Food (Caviar)|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||New York, NY|
|Alternate Location||(Home based in the NYC area)|
|Industry||Imported Gourmet Food (High French Caviar)|
|Market||East Coast of the US with strong focus on NYC and Miami|
|Channel||On and Off-Premise (Distributors, eCommerce, Gourmet Food Stores, Hotels, Restaurants)|
|Reporting to||Export Manager (based in France)|
|Traveling||A lot along the East Coast|
|Languages||Fluent in French would be a strong plus!|
|Visa||Require a valid US work permit (no sponsorship possible)|
|Salary||USD $100k + Bonus|
This high end French Caviar company is looking for a Business Development Manager in order to open and develop the US market. They are doing 50% of their business in Europe (outside of France) and Asia.
The US Business Development Manager will be in charge of opening accounts: distributors, gourmet food / delicatessen retailers and foodservice (hotels, restaurants).
The ideal profile is a sales professional with experience in premium food and/or gourmet products on the US domestic market able to participate in designing a strategy and implement it on the field (Fluent French would be a strong plus!).
- Lead the development and implementation of sales in different channel (Gourmet Stores, Foodservice / On-Premise accounts, Distributors…)
- Manage sales and marketing budget, advertising, customers promotion plan and trade to maximize return on investment and ensure achievement of objectives.
- Identify opportunities to ensure growth of the business.
- Monitor market trends, challenges, opportunities, competition and make necessary adjustments to ensure delivery of the plan
- Follow-up and control of the supply chain in relations with supply chain department of HQ and local partners.
- Work with top management to develop clear pricing strategies and guidelines for our brand within each channel to ensure appropriate pricing.
- Work with marketing and logistics team to plan, create and execute development of key market.
- Train, develop and motivate sales staff of retail and distribution partners
- Propose on and off line communication channels (Events, Trade shows, Social Media, Blogs…)
- Organize promotional events in key markets, such as NYC and Miami
- Be an active resource in the creation, follow-up and animation the company’s eCommerce website.
- Bachelor Degree minimum (MBA a plus)
- At least 5 years of experience in the US domestic premium food / gourmet products / delicatessen industry
- Strong entrepreneurial and business development mindset!
- Bilingual English and French
- Good Marketing, Commercial and Human skills
- Excellent with MS Office, Excel in particular
- VERY open to Travel
- Used to work autonomously and from a home office
- Familiar with multicultural and international environment
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent analytical skills
- Perfect presentation and communication skills
- Appreciated previous experience: Beluga, Citarella, Dean & Deluca, Epicure, Fauchon, Hediard, LaDuree, LeNotre, Marky’s, Modena, Olivelle, Osborne, Petrossian, Pierre Herme
- Appreciated previous titles: Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Account Executive, Territory Manager, On Premise Sales Manager.