Our client is the new skincare brand of a leading group specialized in producing Hyaluronic Acid for the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries.
We are looking for a well-rounded sales or business development executive coming from the beauty industry. US market knowledge is not absolutely necessary. International Sales Managers will be considered too. It is an ideal opportunity for people to transition from International, Latin American or Travel Retail markets to the US domestic market. We need someone analytical and creative enough to create sales programs to boost sales….
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop the retail channel (on-line and off-line) by acquiring accounts and manage positive P&L
- Develop a robust pipeline of leads, including distributors
- Create National account management strategy, including the deployment of business development and growth plans, new product penetration and market share expansion.
- Manage and interact with current business relationships
- Responsible for retrieval of customer briefs and manage product development of customers concepts to win the project (assisting in the preparation of internal calculations, price quote offer and assisting with customers’ RFQs, support in negotiating customer contracts to close on a PO)
- Supporting and maintaining details with existing account profiles and activities, forecast reports, update executives on account status and business opportunities on a weekly basis.
- Follow up and assist on company-generated leads
- Share your passion for skincare and beauty products with enthusiasm; ensure a strong working knowledge of our full product portfolio and ability to clearly promote our products’ value
- Pre-qualify leads and identify opportunities that will funnel into the sales process on an ongoing basis • Evaluates sales opportunities through various avenues including intel gathering (via reports, trade publications, public information, direct engagement with customers/industry stakeholders, participation in trade events and ability to leverage existing company network assets
- Assist product development efforts from a customer need perspective. Product, Price, Place and Promotion of new products within region, customers, prospects and markets. Identify adjacent product possibilities in the cosmetics marketplace
- Lead the sales engagement for qualified opportunities through analysis, quantification, and validation
- Gather project requirements
- Strategically plan each customer engagement, defining the objective(s) and deliverables, and clearly communicating those to the product group
- Build a comprehensive plan to successfully achieve company objectives each month/quarter/year
- Engage with applications marketing to develop a conceptual solution with benefit to the customer
- Jointly develop presentation and proposal material, and lead presentations to the customer
- Lead all commercial discussions with clients; negotiate contracts and maintain overall responsibility for success of project engagement through contract signing
- Represent the brand in assigned sales activities such as trade shows and other engagements
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of cosmetic trends and chemistry as well as the competitive marketplace
- Position the brand favorably to win client contracts.
- Provide forecasting to maintain Service Level objectives
- Manage pricing and profitability of assigned market
- 5 years of sales experience (min. $10M)
- Professional experience in the beauty/skincare industry and strong connections with top retailers and distributors strongly preferred
- Strong process-oriented thinker
- Knowledge of industry-leading technologies and solutions
- Experience with multi-national organizations not required, but helpful
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to distill information to its most relevant content
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate good working relationships
- Travel Requirements: Approximately 50% but can fluctuate as business demands dictate.
- Appreciated previous experience: Chanel, Christian Dior, Clarins, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Coty, Interparfums, Guerlain, Kenzo, LVMH, Puig, Roger & Gallet, YSL, Chanel, L’Oreal, Clarins
- Appreciated previous titles: Account Executive, Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager