Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Accountant (CPG)
Location: Blue Lagoon, Miami, FL 33126
Reporting to: US General Manager and Global Financial Director
Direct Reports: team of 2 accounting clerks
Languages: Bilingual English and Spanish
Benefits: Health Insurance & 401k
Visa: No sponsorship possible
Job ID: CW23-0162
The family-owned European company is a leader in their CPG subcategory with a presence in the United States. Their US Commercial Office is located in the Blue Lagoon area in Miami, FL.
The US Commercial Office seeks a detail-oriented, experienced Accountant to act as the head of finance, ensuring accurate and efficient financial management, regulatory compliance, and process improvement. The successful candidate will work closely with the management team to maintain the company’s financial health and support their growth in the US market.
The ideal candidate for this position is a proactive, analytical, and motivated individual with a strong background in accounting and finance. They have at least 3-4 years of experience in various accounting functions, including month-end reporting, accounting process improvements, and cash management. They have proven experience in managing showroom invoicing, accounting registration of invoices, and verifying bank accounts. Additionally, they have a solid understanding of statutory tax filing and legal compliance requirements.
As the Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and managing the accounting operations, including payroll entries, accruals, payments, month-end adjustments, expenses, supplier invoices, and collections.
- Ensuring accurate and timely month-end reporting, reconciliations, and financial analysis.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to the company’s accounting processes and systems.
- Managing cash flow and maintaining a strong working relationship with banking partners.
- Coordinating the registration and verification of invoices, as well as managing showroom invoicing.
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory tax filings and other legal requirements.
- Collaborating with management to develop financial strategies and contribute to the company’s growth in the US market.
The requirements for the Accountant position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; CPA or equivalent certification is a plus.
- 3-4 years of accounting experience, with a focus on month-end reporting, accounting processes, and cash management.
- Experience in managing showroom invoicing and accounting registration of invoices.
- Strong knowledge of statutory tax filing and legal compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.