Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Bookkeeper / Accounting Assistant – High End Furniture Retail chain
Industry: High End Furniture Retail chain
Direct Reports: none
Languages: English only
Salary Range: (USD) $42,000.00
Benefits: Health Insurance
Visa: No sponsorship possible
Job ID: 216
Title: Bookkeeper / Accounting Assistant
Industry: Furniture Retail Chain
Location: Miami, FL
Reporting to: Accounting Manager
Compensation: $38k to $42k
A booming furniture retail chain is looking for an Accountant / Bookkeeper in its headquarters, with already 6 stores in the US and 6 others to open in the next 2 years.
We are seeking a dynamic and energetic individual with superior organizational skills and attention to detail. The applicant must be capable of managing their own workflow and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision to ensure all tasks they are responsible for are followed through to completion.
They must also have the ability to prepare accurate financial information and understand financial reports to assist the owners with decision-making.
Applicant must have at least 1 year of experience in bookkeeping and must be proficient with QuickBooks. Strong analytical skills and the ability to learn new tasks quickly are also an important requirement. Excellent English communication skills are essential for this position.
- Maintain Quickbooks accounts for our companies, including;
- Accurate and timely data entry;
- Process general journal adjustments and understand why they are required;
- Preparation of reconciliations and work papers as required for analysis;
- Accounts payable management;
- Accounts receivable management;
- Writing checks and filing invoices
- Reparation of Florida sales tax returns;
- Occasional personal assistant duties for owners
- General office administration and reception duties.
- 2 year degree in accounting or similar discipline
- 1 year of experience in bookkeeping
- Valid US work permit (US citizenship, green card or transferable visa only)
- Excellent with MS Office, Excel in particular
- Good knowledge of Quickbooks or similar accounting software.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Appreciated previous titles: Bookkeeper, Accountant, Bookkeeping Assistant, Accounting Assistant
- $38K to $42K DOE