Our client for this Brand Manager – Latin America role is a global beauty group specialized in fragrances, skincare and makeup, with an office in Miami taking care of the Latin American market. Ideal profile We are looking for a more junior marketing or branding professional with previous makeup experience for mass market brands.
We are looking for a Brand Manager for Latin America domestic Markets to lead the growth and development of some Beauty Brands across the region. He/she will be responsible for setting the brand’s strategic vision in LATAM countries. He/she will be the drive behind the success of the initiative launches, which he/she has overseen throughout the entire process. The individual will be responsible for planning, forecasting and analyzing fragrances business, thus proceeding with key recommendations relevant to the overall growth of the business. This position is a fast paced, customer-focused marketing delivery role. In this role you will work with local affiliates and distributor to deliver best in class marketing strategies across the company’s brands that not only drive base business and new product growth but also elevate the brand equities of the portfolio. The position requires a strong relationship with Sales and Supply Chain to optimize portfolio mix, push sell-in/sell-out, and increase profitability, and net sales. You should have a desire to grow both Marketing and Customer Relationship capabilities
Be the LATAM Business EXPERT for the BRANDS in charge
- Propose Brand Business objectives, strategies and go to market action plan in alignment with regional commercial strategy and Marketing director.
- Propose PLAN/PF brand targets
- Propose adequate initiative pipeline, NR/A&CP/ Local A&P objectives and strategies
- Track Brand P&L from C1 to Margin Contribution highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Identify new business opportunities
- Own Marketing Strategies & Plans for the brands in charge:
- Have good clarity on consumer/shopper/customer understanding. Understand the needs, preferences, values, behavior and demographics of our current and potential consumer
- Propose Portfolio strategy and guidelines localization including TPR / discontinuations / GS / Initiatives/ Icon etc.
- Lead communication, decision and approval process between brand global teams / LATAM team and affiliates/distributors.
- Lead development, review and approval of Marketing plan of affiliates / distributors.
- Develop and implement commercial ATL (Media) and BTL (Point of sale) localized plans
- to support key launches and KCP (Key consumption periods). Ensure plans bring to life
- brand’s equities driving traffic and conversion
- Own CPS (Critical Path Schedule) for local support – coordinate Global team approvals,
- trigger key milestones across multi-functional teams such as early shipment, special
- approvals, lead time, and any local needs etc.
- Own initiative / KCP toolbox creation and/or deployment with the collaboration of the
- merchandising team
- Own in-store standards (planograms, visual priority) strategy, guidelines, deployment
- and full implementation in alignment of the regional commercial strategy and Marketing
- Ensure brand touch points consistency thru strong partnership with merchandizing
- perfect instore execution in the region.
- Own A&CP Budget and NR tracking / input
- Support with brand cluster A&CP budget
- Own Marketing support (GWP, Tester, sampling) strategy, planning and budget.
- Own initiative / Icons forecast guidelines in alignment with Marketing director.
- Recommend price strategy for initiatives and base business following regional commercial strategy.
- Lead Business Review
- Support monthly brand line business reviews (Sell In- Sell Out) with Marketing Director
- Execute local activations post implementation results/ tracking/reviews. Monthly / quarterly depending on data availability.
- Support Tier I & Tier II Markets:
- Work closely with sales Manager and distributor / retailers to understand needs, identify opportunity, maximize plans, grow business
- 5+ years’ professional experience in a sales/marketing environment. Beauty Industry experience specially in Fragrance and Skin Care is required. Makeup is a plus
- University graduate/ Business School degree
- Excellent communicator in English and Spanish – both verbal & written, Portuguese is a plus
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Highly detailed with strong organizational skills
- Proficient computer knowledge: Microsoft Office, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Appreciated previous experience: Avon, Belcorp, Coty, Elizabeth Arden, Essence Corp, MAC Cosmetics, L’Occitane, P&G, Procter & Gamble, Revlon, Roger & Gallet, YSL Beaute, Yanbal
- Appreciated previous titles: Marketing Manager, Group Product Manager, Brand Manager