Our client is a fast growing company in the recreational cannabis industry. They are a service provider to licensed cannabis companies and offer them technologies, processes, packaging, branding and distribution strategies. They started their business based on an award winning cannabis oil vaporizer already distributed in 5 of the 9 legals states across the US.
Our client’s vision is to be the leader in the emerging global inhalation cannabis industry. That industry is comprised of pleasure and wellness markets with extensive overlap. This will be achieved by positioning and delivering on the brand promise of being the best performing and most trusted brand in cannabis inhalation. Our client will utilize 2 technology platforms; vaporization and combustion with a shared brand architecture. As regulatory and legal environments expand market potential our client will evolve its product platforms accordingly. They are looking for a CMO that has the passion and capability to make this vision a reality within 3 years.
- A bachelor’s degree is required and an advanced degree in marketing or business (MBA) is preferred.
- 10 years of well-rounded CPG marketing experience in positions of increasing responsibility- with a focus on marketing expansion-as well as 3 to 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Superb analytical and strategic skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Passionate customer advocacy
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product and service management
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- Ability to “look around the corner”
- Entrepreneurial spirit/high tolerance for constructive conflict
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, Medmen, Cura CS, Kush Bottles, Mammoth Distribution, RJ Reynolds, Imperial Tobacco, Philip Morris International, British American Tobacco.
- Appreciated previous titles: CMO, Chief Marketing Officer, VP of Marketing