Our client for this Compliance Director role is an established wine importer in NYC.
The primary role of the Director of Compliance will be to manage all compliance functions for multiple affiliated entities, utilizing external support where needed. The Director of Compliance will support a growing and evolving organization and, as such, must embrace the challenges that emerge from launching or acquiring new brands.
- Oversee filing and submission to TTB.
- Prepare and submit excise taxes for multiple states monthly.
- FDA compliance updates/audit preparedness and records maintenance.
- Update ABC locations and ownership as needed.
- Coordinate and supervise label review and COLA submission for new or redesigned products.
- Trademark/IP maintenance.
- Coordinate with outside vendor on the following:
- Maintenance of bond coverage.
- Submission of TTB trade name addition.
- Filing of fictitious business names.
- Permit renewals: direct to consumer, wholesale, tax, bond, solicitor.
- Out-of-state product registrations, label revisions and renewals for both Wholesale and DTC products across all brands.
- Protect assets by establishing compliance standards; anticipating emerging compliance trends; designing improvements to internal control structure.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing regulations; recommending new procedures; complying with legal requirements.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of compliance experience in the wine industry with demonstrated record of increasing responsibility.
- Experience with streamlining compliance operations.
- Strong communication skills: written and oral.
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Appreciated previous experience: Accolade Wines, Bronco Wine Company, Castel Freres, Constellation Brands, Cuvaison Estate Wines, E&J Gallo, Fecovita Co-op, Foley Fine Wines, Grupo Penaflor, Hess Collection Winery, Jackson Family Wines, Opici, St Michelle Wine Estate, Summerland Wine Brands, The Wine Group, Treasury Wine Estate, Trinchero Family Estates, Vina Concha Y Toro, Winebow
- Appreciated previous titles: Compliance Director, Director of Compliance