Our client for this Email & SMS Marketing Specialist opportunity is a rapidly growing startup with funding well into the eight digits and in the smokeless tobacco alternative industry. Their pharmaceutical grade tobacco alternative products have already proven to be very successful. They operate using a small team of executives further utilizing numerous partners and vendors. This is a work hard play hard type of environment. Not your typical suit and tie office…
The Email & SMS Marketing Specialist will be an integral team member, enjoying significant autonomy to establish best email practices within our marketing organization. You can enjoy working mostly remote in the Los Angeles area, but we will be expanding our footprint on the West Coast for weekly meetings.
This position will have substantial responsibility in ensuring that the Company’s marketing team is equipped with the requisite analytics, content, data, and flows strategy to both accelerate and manage rapid growth, entrance into new channels via tools (SMS, social, etc.), and operational streamlining.
We are looking for a pure email marketing specialist, ideally with a good experience of Klaviyo to take over the email marketing efforts from the CMO. Their email marketing processes have been working very well already and have been redesigned several times to get to where it is now. The right candidate will not be expected to redesign it, but first work with it. If a future redesign or a change of tool is needed, a case can be made for it…
A previous experience in a regulated category would be a strong asset (tobacco, cannabis, CBD, spirits, beer, coffee…). And interests in Sports (baseball, football, golf, hockey, MMA, Nascar), in Military and in Music would be great!
If you have some creative and graphic design skills, they are welcome too.
- Manage day-to-day and month-to-month email marketing activities in Klaviyo and Yotpo (SMS)
- Work closely with design and marketing team on content strategy and flows
- Set forth and manage content calendar, flows, rewards, and introduction of SMS strategy
- Data-driven decisions with an acute focus on customer growth, loyalty and retention
- Ideally design all aspects of content and flows within Canva, Klaviyo, PhotoShop, or similar
- Maintain brand aesthetic and voice consistently across all forms of communications
- Understand FDA regulation do’s and don’ts with respect to marketing language
- Navigate email and social media landscape understanding third party ad policies and restrictions
- Proactive and strong position on company’s goals as they relate to customer growth/retention
- Help build, curate, design, and execute subscription service via Smartrr or similar program
- Detailed data analysis on key marketing metrics (OR, CTR, CTP, flow performance, customer data)
- Best practices for email marketing revenue growth with sensitivity to product discounting
- Use Shopify data to inform email marketing decisions and meet/exceed revenue goals
- Build upon and complement brand tone and voice to ensure cohesiveness across content
- Read historical data patterns to make decisions about future email marketing strategies
- Segment and hyper-segment lists to address multiple tiers of customers, increase retention
- Lend your advice and experience to other areas of the marketing organization including, but not limited to – website copy/design to match email tone, revenue channel synergies, email/SMS marketing (i.e. sweepstakes, affiliates, influencers), and whatever else you bring to the table!
- Several years of experience email and retention marketing in Klaviyo for an omnichannel brand
- Extensive design or direction capabilities – high-res imagery, shading, vector, transparency, etc.
- Getting in the weeds should be nothing to you. From last minute campaign idea execution to longer term email marketing strategies … the key is fast, yet sustainable growth
- Intimate working knowledge of consumer-packaged goods, including both online (e-commerce) and offline (physical distribution) channels to create a cohesive customer experience
- High level of comfort within a startup environment, including fast-paced decision-making, proactive approach, and a “whatever-it-takes” mentality to getting things done
- Ability to work collaboratively in a remote environment with minimal supervision
- Experience with a regulated brand in an industry such as alcohol, CBD, and/or nicotine
- Appreciated previous titles: Email Marketing Specialist, Loyalty Manager, Retention Manager
- Appreciated previous experience: CPG, Consumer Goods, FMCG, Beauty / Cosmetics, Personal Care, Tobacco, Wine & Spirits, Sporting Goods…