Our client is an international leader in its field, manufacturing, supplying and servicing safety products and equipment for shipowners (including cruise ships), the offshore industry, rescue teams and fire departments around the globe. Their office in Miami serves as a regional hub, supervising several offices and facilities across the Americas. This is a very stable company with very long term contracts with their clients. If you are looking for stability in your career, this is the right place.
The Finance Director acts at the head of Finance for the Americas and is in charge of Finance, Human Resources and Purchasing. The company has a shared service center outside of the US, for most of the accounting, but the Finance Director still needs to remain very hands on for monthly and quarterly closings.
This Finance Director role is meant for a classic hands-on finance and accounting executive, used to doing closings, compliance, balance sheet analysis, etc, but who still wants some business partner interaction with the management. The role is slowly evolving towards a business partner finance role, but it is still far from being 50-50%. The strict requirements we have are:
- a finance professional coming from a Sr Manager or Director level
- strong experience in monthly, quarterly and year end closings
- previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- previous experience in large multinational, with exposure to Latin America
- Supervising the accounting department, while enforcing all regulations
- Monitor and improve AP & AR processes
- Ensure a continual improvement process of all al procedures in the department.
- In charge of all monthly, quarterly and yearly closings and reporting
- Prepare budgets and forecasts, and follow up on them
- Prepare tax returns
- Prepare and coordinate the yearly legal auditing
- Employee relations and year end reviews with team members in Finance, HR and operations
- Coordinate banking relations
- Ultimately responsible for AP / AR
- Accounting degree, ideally a CPA
- Computer knowledge including MS office and ideally SAP
- Good communication skills
- Appreciated previous titles: Controller, Finance Director, VP of Finance, CFO, Chief Financial Officer