Our client for this Financial Controller career opportunity is an established international consumer goods company.
- Oversees monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accounting records are maintained.
- Preparation of the corporate Reporting Package
- Identification and communication of risks & opportunities impacting on the monthly & quarterly results
- Responsible for setting documentation and data management standards.
- Oversees and provides external financial reporting.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by providing information to external auditors
- Coordinate budgets with FP&A by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; developing plan of action
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Drive controllership best practice across the region incl. simplification, process improvement and standardization – Partner closely with Sales leadership on forecasting, pricing initiatives, contract negotiation
- Involvement in business-critical projects where required
- Serve as a trusted business partner and internal Consultant for multiple financial questions
- Close work with the corporate Controlling in Luxembourg
- You have a Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- You have ideally 5 years of professional experience in the field of financial controlling in the US Market
- You are a committed, assertive, accurate and you have the ability to cope under pressure
- You are willing to go on occasional trips abroad
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact at all levels of the organization.
- Highly energetic and able to work to tight deadlines
- Comfortable working in a dynamic changing/growing environment: ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Pro-active & solution focused
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- pragmatic approach to tasks
- You are experienced in Financial Software and MS Office esp. Excel
- Experience in MS Dynamics would be ideal.
- You have very good knowledge of English (written and spoken); any other languages are of an advantage – Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Appreciated background in CPG, Consumer Goods, Luxury Goods, Food & Beverage, FMCG, Wholesale, Retail (Altadis, Applica, Bacardi, Colgate, Diageo, Estee Lauder, General Mills, Imperial Tobacco, Johnson & Johnson, Kraft Foods, L’Oreal, LVMH, Macy’s, Moet Hennessy, Office Depot, P&G, Perry Ellis, Premier Beverage, Procter & Gamble, Reckitt Benckiser, Remy Cointreau, Southern Wine & Spirits, Spectrum Brands, Starboard, Unilever, Wal-Mart, )
- Appreciated previous titles: Controller, Finance Manager, Financial Analyst, Internal Auditor, Financial Auditor