Our client is a very large international company providing transportation services including rail, bus, paratransit and shuttle services under contracts with public entities. The company operates in America through a number of subsidiaries and is looking to expand its North American operation.
You will be responsible for supporting the bid/proposal process by identifying solicitations for transportation services, interacting with transportation industry professionals, marketing the company’s services, developing critical path planning documents, managing project milestones, writing innovative responses to bids/proposals, and ensuring the timely production and delivery of accurate well-analyzed bid/proposal submissions.
The ideal candidate is a strong project manager with equally strong analytical skills. Background in Request for Proposal (RFP) / commercial tender development. Previous experience in banking, real estate, rating agencies, public transportation or government agencies is very appreciated.
- Develop databases on public solicitations for contracted rail, bus, paratransit and shuttle services
- Interact at industry conferences and at site visits with multiple transportation professionals including public officials issuing solicitations and/or companies seeking to partner with our company as the service provider on the new construction of a transportation system
- Plan, execute and staff exhibitions at conferences
- Using critical path software planning tools, develop critical path milestone management plan and/or undertake project management to ensure timely corporate approvals, production and delivery of bids/proposals
- As part of the business development team, interact with staff at subsidiaries and headquarters to analyze the responsiveness, completeness and competitivesness of bid/proposal submissions and drive winning results
- Write, edit and format narrative material for innovative bids/proposals
- Support marketing and industry communication efforts
- Analyze market survey and market segmentation results
- Develop and deliver power point presentations on new and ongoing bid/proposal opportunities
- Provide other ad hoc support to the commercial, finance and review teams as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing or Finance
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical acumen and interpersonal skills
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, buying, marketing, sales or developing commercial tenders
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present the company, its credentials and offers in public forums
- Ability to travel as required
- Demonstrated ability to work across functional areas and levels of management
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite including powerpoint and Excel
- Appreciated previous experience: Banking / Financial Institutions (Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Citi, CitiGroup, Mellon, Bank of America, TD Bank, Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch), Rating Agencies (Moody’s, Standard & Poor’s, Fitch Ratings), Real Estate (CBRE, Jones Lang LaSalle, JLL, Cushman & Wakefield), Transportation (New York City Transit, Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, MTA, LIRR, Long Island Rail Road, New York City Transit, NJ Transit)
- Appreciated previous titles: Tender Management Specialist, Tender Management Executive, Business Development Specialist, Business Development Executive
About ACCUR Recruiting Services
Experts in Luxury Goods and Travel Retail global recruitment