Our client is a luxury fashion brand, specialized in wedding dresses and bridal gowns. They have a large established network of stores, including about 30 shop in shops.
This position is responsible for developing and implement various public relations and communications strategies to support the company’s business and branding goals. Working day-to-day with the Marketing Director and in coordination with the marketing team, this position is responsible for increasing brand awareness and driving sales through the creation of strategic and comprehensive communications, promotions and partnerships designed to reach key external audiences, including media, influencers, end consumers and retail partners. The position will be based in New York and is responsible for the day-to-day execution of specific press campaigns, creating and driving special projects, including but not limited to – events, press interviews, and helping manage outside partnerships. The position will also work in close collaboration with several other departments, including:
- Marketing, social and brand activation teams: helping develop strategic communications plans to reinforce branding and marketing messages to consumers across all channels; develop in-store activations and opportunities with key Boutiques and premier retailers.
- Corporate Communications: helping provide a strategic focus for all external messaging and ensure long-term coordination.
- Develop strategy and project plan for a large even for the Brand scheduled for 2023 and requiring about 1 year preparation
- Strategic collaboration with jewelry and/or fragrance brand
- 5-10 press placements on major news networks and leading industry publications
- Support the creative team on collection launches and plan/execution of NYBFW events/runway
- Plan and develop press campaign strategies, daily execution of press strategies/rollouts, meeting deadlines, etc.
- Responsible for all aspects of event coordination and resulting media coverage
- Oversee delivery of all assets necessary for press appearances
- Pitch media; follow up; plan and coordinate publicity appearances and interviews
- Schedule press interviews with Madeline Gardner as needed
- Draft various press materials, including releases and interview talking points
- Ensure that campaign elements/rollouts are being communicated internally to key departments
- Share press coverage internally
Coordinate with SEO team to:
- Ensure all PR placements deliver maximum SEO backlink value
- Unify SEO backlink & PR strategy
- Assist in oversight of ongoing SEO backlink activities
- Assist in outreach for high quality SEO backlinks
- 8+ years of experience in public relations and/or corporate communications
- Proven track records with high-end media relations
- Extensive media background and knowledge of the industry, with a strong interest in fashion
- Strong understanding of traditional media and knowledge of key members of the press
- Strong understanding, knowledge of and experience with non-traditional, direct-to-consumer outreach
- Strategic thinking with creative problem-solving skills
- Collaborative leadership style across departments and functions
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment
- Self-starter, who is highly organized and a clear communicator
- Strong competitive drive
- Ability to interface effectively with senior executives and staff at all levels
- Ability to develop working relationships with professionals in the media
- General understanding of entertainment industry and celebrities, influencers, etc.
- Appreciated previous experience: Luxury Goods, Luxury Products, Watches, Jewelry, Bloomingdale’s, Chanel, Coach, Dior, Fendi, Ferragamo, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, L’Oreal, LVMH, Clarins, Estee Lauder
- Appreciated previous titles: PR Manager, PR Director, Communication Director, Media Director