Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Regional Director of Marketing Communications – Mexico (luxury boutique hotels)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Alternate location: The role could be home based anywhere in the US or Mexico
Industry: Luxury Hospitality
Reporting to: Chief Marketing Officer
Languages: English and Spanish
Salary Range: (USA) $130k – $150k in annual base salary
Visa: No Sponsorship available
Job ID: JO-2102-861
Remote work policy:
Job Seniority: Middle Management Level
Region(s): USA, NORTH AMERICA, Mexico, Cancun Area, Los Angeles Area, Mexico DF, Dallas, Fort Lauderdale / West Palm Beach, California, San Diego Area, Houston, LATIN AMERICA, San Francisco Area, Miami, Florida, New York City area, Texas
We are NOT looking for a hospitality specialist. What we are looking for is a marketing and communication executive coming from very high-end luxury goods either from the brand or the agency side (high fashion, watch & jewelry, leather goods… such as LVMH, Richemont, Kering…). This is an ideal position for someone interested in transitioning to extremely high-end hospitality.
Our client is the management company of a portfolio of luxury boutique hotels across North America.
The Regional Director of Marketing Communications is a new role for an individual who is excited by the opportunity to lead the marketing efforts for a group of 3 properties among some of the most famous resorts across Mexico (Cabo San Lucas, Riviera Maya, Puerto Vallarta). The role will be integral to building a distinct image for each property and growing occupancy and rates as well as increasing ancillary revenues in food & beverage, spa and other activities from high-end luxury guests and patrons.
This individual will be responsible for developing the marketing strategies and implementing efforts around public relations, social media, digital, ecommerce, customer relationship marketing, sales marketing and collateral for these properties as well as lead the efforts to create one of a kind content including photography, video that creates strong storytelling across all marketing channels. This person will take a lead role in writing annual marketing plans. In addition, this role will ensure that communications align with property positioning and develop strategies, identify and implement relevant partnerships, sponsorships and unique one-of-a-kind experiences working with the operations team and the guest experience curator.
- 10 to 15+ years in marketing roles including experience working with the luxury consumer goods or luxury consumer services
- Strong ties to the Mexican market and culture is required
- Is driven, innovative and passionate about the craft of marketing and about the luxury lifestyle market. Has a curious mind, is a strong multi-tasker who finds opportunities and creates solutions, where others find problems. Someone who “rolls-up their sleeves” to get it done and inspires others with their vision and acumen
- Has a strong understanding of the style, design and nuance of luxury that is required to create a distinctive brand for each property.
- Collaborative and has strong influencing skills and can manage a remote team at the properties
- Demonstrated success in building brands and delivering results (ideally with experience at smaller independent brands)
- Appreciated previous experience: Hermes, Chanel, Dior, LVMH, Louis Vuitton, Richemont, Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Pathek Philip, Audemars Piguet, Kering, Gucci, Zegna…