The employer for this Senior Accountant job is a high end luxury fashion brand with an office in the Boca Raton, FL area.
The Senior Corporate Accountant will be responsible for accounting duties, involved in preparing, maintaining, analyzing, verifying, and reconciling financial transactions, statements, records, and reports; maintaining the accuracy of the company’s ledgers and consolidation of subsidiary financial statements.
- Coordinates monthly reconciliation/consolidation efforts to report accurate and timely data
- Complete monthly journal entries as required and prepare variance reports detailing all adjustments
- Reconciles inter-company accounts and resolves all variances
- Actively participate and support the full month end close cycle including AP, AR, Cash, Financial Statement prep and other ad hoc reporting as required
- Collaborates with other business units to gather financial information for monthly close
- Works directly with senior accounting members to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the financial close and consolidation process
- Interface with external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audit documentation, and other inquiries
- Quickly respond to ad hoc queries.
- Recommends process and control enhancements to general accounting functions to promote efficiencies, decrease closing time and allow more timely and useful data to finance and senior management
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed
- BA or BS in Accounting, CPA strongly preferred
- 2-3 years of work experience with public accounting experience. Prior experience in a large, Big 4 public accounting firm strongly preferred
- Have strong and proven proficiency with Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Dynamics experience is a plus
- Must demonstrate competency with US GAAP accounting
- Must possess superior organization and time management skills
- Be able to timely, accurately and fully complete assigned tasks and projects including follow-up
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit excellent critical thinking abilities
- Be a creative and proactive problem solver
- Appreciated previous experience: Bulgari, Cartier, Christian Dior, Clarins, Clinique, Cosmetics of France, Coty, Elizabeth Arden, Essence Corp, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Guerlain, Kenzo, LVMH, MAC Cosmetics, Occitane, P&G, Procter & Gamble, Roger & Gallet, YSL Beaute, Unilever, Nestle, Kraft Foods, Mondelez, Diageo, Pernod Ricard, Bacardi, Newell Rubbermaid, etc…
- Appreciated previous titles: Accounting Manager, Senior Accountant