The employer for this unique Senior Manager of IT & Operations career opportunity is a PE backed, fast growing and leading global brand for shisha/hookah consumables. They are turning a market driven by flavors into one driven by quality and branding.
A key member of the management team, Senior Manager of Information Technology & Operations collaborates with the US senior leadership and the company’s global headquarter IT and operations teams to effectively identify, lead, and execute on strategic IT and operations projects and initiatives. The role provides information management services across all US entities to secure and maximize the effectiveness of data collection, processing and reporting; defines and solves user requirements; develops and implements computer applications and solutions; and serves as a subject matter expert on IT matters. The incumbent will direct and drive the overall processes in accordance with the company’s culture, standards, and best practices. On the operations front, Senior Manager of Information Technology & Operations manages all strategic aspects of order fulfillment, logistical and capacity planning and scheduling, and inventory management. This position is tasked with optimizing business processes and systems by coordinating with other functional areas to ensure alignment with the company’s global objectives.
- Manages and coordinates critical projects by collaborating with HQ and US teams to ensure target dates and budget expectations are met.
- Ensure service level requirements are met while upholding mandated regulations and standards.
- Assists in driving transformational change and innovation while balancing business, infrastructure, and technology needs.
- Ensures key business strategies and processes are supported by technology systems that enable growth and flexibility.
- Provides leadership and guidance to IT team to achieve secure, reliable, and cost-effective operations of IT infrastructure and applications.
- Directs the organization’s operations and logistical functions and develops operational programs, policies, and processes.
- Oversees recurring or daily functions or processes necessary for business execution and identifies opportunities for improvement or efficiencies.
- Develops strategies meant to assist the business in meeting its critical operational goals and objectives in the most efficient manner possible.
- Collaborates with team members across different time zones.
- Performs task as delegated by global headquarter and US leadership teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or operations.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in managing and leading information technology and/or operations functions.
- Substantive experience in systems implementations (ERP, CRM, e-commerce, or business intelligence).
- Proficiency in SQL database and systems/network administration and security.
- Direct experience in Microsoft NAV or AX.
- Certified in Planning & Inventory Management (CPIM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), or Certified in Logistics, Transportation & Distribution (CLTD).
- Microsoft / Cisco / cloud / cybersecurity certifications.
- Relevant experience in logistics management.
- Relevant experience with e-commerce platforms.
- Relevant experience in building business intelligence and data analytics capabilities.
- Relevant experience in project management.
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, Medmen, Cura CS, Kush Bottles, Mammoth Distribution, RJ Reynolds, Imperial Tobacco, Philip Morris International, British American Tobacco.
- Appreciated previous titles: IT Director, Senior Manager of IT