Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Staff Accountant – Luxury Goods / Watches
Location: Miami, FL 33131
Industry: Luxury Watches
Market: US market
Channel: Retail & Wholesale
Reporting to: Finance Director
Salary Range: (USD) $55k base
Benefits: Health + Retirement benefits
Visa: No visa sponsorship possible. Must have a valid US work authorization
Job ID: JO-1610-425
Our client is a luxury watch company with an office in Downtown Miami
This function serves as an accountant for the company. Responsible for establishing and maintaining cash controls and reconciliation of general ledgers and bank statements. Must perform all functions associated with processing accounts payable while insuring transactions are properly accounted for within generally accepted and standard accounting practices.
We are looking for a good accounting professional with a CPA or studying for the CPA and ideally with previous experience in Luxury Goods.
- Responsible for the integrity of the general ledger accounts, ensuring that P&L accounts are used consistently and that all balance sheet accounts balances can be substantiated
- Responsible for closing books in an accurate and timely manner
- Prior to close, review activity to ensure anticipated activity has been booked and any unanticipated activity is identified and investigated
- Submits financial results and all related supporting schedules to Parent thru web based portal.
- Prepares state sales tax on a monthly basis autonomously and accurately.
- Ensure that adequate provisions or allowances are maintained for returns, inventories, receivables, deferred rent, warranties and other obligations.
- Responsible for continued automation.
- Knowledge of financial accounting
- Experience with monthly as well as seasonal accounting activities
- Ability to build effective partnerships with each assigned business area.
- Understands finance concepts and impact of decisions
- Possesses a clear understanding of basic accounting practices for posting journal entries, processing month end close, accruals, deferrals, prepaids, accounts receivable and payable
- Ideally coming from Luxury Goods, Luxury Watches or Jewelry
- Intermediate level MS Excel – able to create spreadsheets and manipulate data effectively for analysis; Pivot table and V-lookup experience a plus
- Experience with ProConcept ERP strongly preferred
- Adapt at assimilating quickly to changes within a fast paced business environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required
- At least 2 years of accounting experience required
- Working knowledge of GAAP and IFRS rules
- Appreciated previous experience: Bell & Ross, Breitling, Cartier, Corum, Hublot, Invicta, IWC, Jaeger LeCoultre, Montblanc, Tag Heuer, Technomarine, Ulysse Nardin
- Appreciated previous titles: Staff Accountant, Accounting Manager