Our client for this opportunity is the Americas Travel Retail of a very famous Fragrances and Cosmetics Group.
The Trade Marketing Director will be responsible for the communication and maintenance of global brand values, consumer touch points, aligning market and brand strategies, providing a clear vision and position to the brand, and supporting the achievement of sales and profit targets for the business unit. The Director also acts as the direct contact for commercial and marketing activities, marketing cross functional requirements and the regional client s and suppliers.
We are looking for an experienced marketing professional with background in Travel Retail.
- Plan, develop and implement localized marketing strategies and innovation plans that are aligned to global brand objectives and that will increase brand market share.
- Responsible for marketing consumer touch points. This includes but is not limited to, merchandising, POS execution, and promotional activities.
- Manage assortment planning, sku mix and basic vs. promotional strategies.
- The development and effective execution of Planogram s for Distributor s.
- Prepare and present Marketing customer presentations and marketing/innovation calendars.
- Manage the creative and POS process and tool deliverables for the region.
- Seasonal planning and event/activation/cabine development and execution.
- Development of marketing specific programs as needed to help increase sales.
- Work in accordance with the Sales department to establish and activate Promotional Guidelines.
- Project management for new/renovations counter builds. Manage Capex and agencies to execute EA design standards and cost effective implementation.
- Responsible for the management, planning and execution of training materials and beauty consultant engagement for the business unit.
- Responsible for the management, planning and execution of Public Relations endeavors for the regions.
Financial and Operational
- Owns A&P spends that are aligned with P&L objectives. This includes POS, Media and digital opportunities and spends.
- Co-ordinate with Sales and Marketing the marketing spend planning and brand budgets aligned with divisional and corporate objectives. Monitor and adhere.
- Manage, analyze and implement forecasts for innovation and promotions.
- Prepare GM analysis for all new products and promotions in compliance with our gross margin requirements.
- Review price lists to ensure consistency and approve product offerings for Distributors.
- Support Sales department in exploring new avenues of distribution or brand opportunities to maximize sales.
- Monitor the competition in each region through market surveys, pricing analysis, product comparisons, etc.
- Brand Performance Analysis and Business reviews.
- Have a direct understanding of client needs in each region and edit data and react accordingly. Create a rapport with each client in order to sustain good working relations.
- Ensure that all clients have the sufficient and applicable tools as per principle in order to optimise sell out.
- 3-5 years of Marketing or Trade Marketing experience for a consumer products company required.
- Both Beauty industry and International experience a plus.
- Must have experience in planning and implementing promotional CPG programs.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (written and verbal) a must
- Must have excellent computer skills in Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
- Knowledge of financial systems such as JDE and Insight preferred.
- Should have strong analytical skills and be able to interpret sales, metrics and marketing results. Should be a seasoned Marketing professional and Brand Builder.
- Good communication skills (internal, external) a must.
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust to change and improve processes.
- Appreciated previous experience: Bulgari, Cartier, Christian Dior, Clarins, Clinique, Cosmetics of France, Coty, Elizabeth Arden, Essence Corp, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Guerlain, Kenzo, Kiehl’s, L’Oreal, LVMH, MAC Cosmetics, Occitane, P&G, Parbel, Procter & Gamble, Roger & Gallet, YSL Beaute, Unilever, Nestle, Kraft Foods, Mondelez, Diageo, Pernod Ricard, Bacardi, Newell Rubbermaid, etc…
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Area Export Manager, Area Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager