|Job Title||Trade Marketing Manager – Travel Retail Americas – Beauty|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Industry||Beauty & Fragrances|
|Reporting to||General Manager Travel Retail|
|Reports||1 Marketing Coordinator|
|Languages||English AND Spanish|
|Visa||No Sponsorship available|
|Salary||USD $70k to $90k DOE|
|Benefits||Bonus + Benefits|
Our client for this career opportunity is the Travel Retail and US/Latin America office of a worldwide leader in Beauty and Fragrances.
The Regional Marketing Manager will drive the growth of the entire portfolio in Travel Retail Americas and Brazil.
Insure markets adhere to brand positioning. Drive the development of Travel Retail channel and Brazil marketing plans in cooperation with Brazilian Marketing Director in accordance with Global guidance to increase market shares and support profitable growth of all categories. .
This opportunity is meant for a marketing professional with experience in both retail and marketing in the Cosmetics/Beauty industry (experience in Travel Retail is an obvious big plus). An analytical thinker able to do research and market data analysis. The Regional Marketing Manager must be passionate with a high sensibility to retail and its dynamics, team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to manage an international brand in foreign markets.
- Lead the organization in building the brand portfolio for the Travel Retail of the Americas and Brazil domestic market
- Implement new product launches
- Create activities and ensure implementation of trade marketing plan
- Define the key priorities to drive the business and how to win strategies per market so commercial teams can deliver their expected results
- Develop and manage brand level P&L and ensure implementation of the marketing programs that deliver the P&L targets through: ROI analysis on initiatives prior to implementation; Review of key indicators Net Sales, Gross Margin, Direct investments
- Oversee the development, implementation/execution of local marketing strategies and plans making sure they are aligned to the regional marketing calendar and follow corporate guidelines on key launches, promotions and on-going marketing support
- Define, review and drive Regional pricing, promotional and sampling strategies based on competitive monitoring
- Support commercial team in any negotiation regarding spaces, commercial conditions, novelties listings, etc.
- Work with the education department to define the strategies for training the sales staff.
- Organize quarterly innovation meetings to develop, present and share Regional innovation proposals/projects that help develop the business regionally
- Strong link with the field
- Survey competition in Region and provide intelligence on market insight to global marketing so brand strategies and product development can be influenced to provide Region with what it needs to deliver on company objectives
- Analyze data on product segment/category to make recommendations to management
- Support Sales teams in the development of channels and accounts strategies, while assisting in driving brand and market share growth
- Oversee Training for the Travel retail markets and Brazil
- Plan, control and track the marketing budget to be within planned levels
- Share best practices with Regional Distributor trade marketing based out of Puerto Rico
- Interact effectively with other departments to support marketing objectives
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing and retail (ideally withing the Cosmetics/Beauty industry) with high sensibility on the field and commercial side to be involved in negotiations with client
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing or relevant field
- International experience
- Experience in research and market data analysis
- Very proficient with MS Office
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish a must. Portuguese a plus
- Available to travel around 25% of the time
- Up-to-date US work authorization
- Appreciated previous experience:゠Bacardi, Cartier, Dior, Clarins, Clinique, Coca Cola, Cosmetics of France, Coty, Diageo, Elizabeth Arden, Essence Corp, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Guerlain, Kenzo, Kiehl’s, Kraft Foods, L’Oreal, LVMH, MAC Cosmetics, Mars, Mondelez, Nestle, P&G, Parbel, PepsiCo, Pernod Ricard, Procter & Gamble, Unilever.
- Appreciated previous titles: Retail Marketing Manager, Regional Marketing Manager Trade Marketing Manager, Field Marketing Manager, Account Executive, Account Manager, Retail Sales Manager