Our client for this VP of Supply Chain search was a leading manufacturer specializing in the design and production of high-performance mountain bikes. Committed to precision engineering and innovative technologies, they delivered cutting-edge solutions that redefine the standards of the cycling industry. Positioned at an early stage of growth, they are poised to evolve into a $100MM+ organization, with the role playing a pivotal part in scaling their operations.
The imperative for business expansion has prompted the recruitment of a dynamic Vice President of Supply Chain for this premium Mountain Biking company. Collaborating closely with the CEO and the leadership team, the appointed individual will drive growth initiatives and construct a scalable infrastructure for the mountain bike company’s progression.
ACCUR Recruiting Services was retained for this search to identify candidates that implemented the best practices in procurement, logistics, inventory, and production to facilitate substantial growth, scale, and profitability.
The key challenges in the search encompassed the necessity for biking industry expertise, considering the diverse array of gears constituting a bike. It also involved leading the establishment of international operations in Taiwan and relocating to the company’s headquarters in Carbondale, CO. Candidates were deterred by the significantly higher cost of living in Carbondale, prompting hesitation about the prospective move.
Our Executive Search Strategy
- essential experience in the supply chain of the biking or outdoor industry
- a focus on collaboration with global manufacturers, particularly in China/Taiwan
- demonstrated expertise in building and optimizing supply chain and operations for substantial growth
- being located in or relocated to Carbondale, CO.
Our Executive Search Process
- Kick off call with CEO/Founder of this premium Mountain Biking company and a Board Director/Investor representing the Private Equity firm.
- Creation of a list of target companies in the Biking and Outdoor industry
- Identification of most current and recent Directors, VPs and SVPs in Supply Chain and Operations
- Bi-weekly progress calls with our contacts to calibrate the search, and discuss recent and future interviews
- “long-list” of 280 relevant executives
- 27 candidates interviewed by ACCUR’s Managing Partner
- 12 candidates submitted to the client
- 6 candidates interviewed by the client
-> Final result: the hired candidate comes from a global supply chain & manufacturing solutions provider followed by 10+ years in various operations, supply-chain and procurement roles from Aerospace and Consulting firms
Contact A Recruiter
More Sports Industry Case Studies
Sports Industry Insights
June Jobs Report 2023
The June Jobs Report, released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, showed job gains of 209,000. This report reveals a slightly tempered arc of job growth, perhaps a sign that…
Recruiting for E-Commerce Operations & Third Party Logistics
Globalization, the pandemic, and the rapid adoption of online shopping have radically transformed the demand and job description for e-commerce executives who specialize in logistics, operations and fulfillment. Today, we’re…
Job Interview Questions for E-Commerce
Here at ACCUR Recruiting Services we are frequently asked to seek out executive candidates for the E-Commerce industry, in roles ranging from Head of E-Commerce to Director of Digital and…