Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Regional Director of Marketing Communications – Southern US (luxury boutique hotels)
Location: New York, NY
Alternate location: Remote position anywhere in the US, but available to travel to the South East on a very regular basis
Industry: Luxury Hospitality
Market: South East of the US
Skills: Branding, PR and communication
Reporting to: Chief Marketing Officer
Languages: English only
Salary Range: (USD) Around $150k in annual base salary, depending on experience.
Visa: No Sponsorship available
Job ID: JO-2111-940
Remote work policy:
Job Seniority: Middle Management Level
Region(s): USA, NORTH AMERICA, Austin, New Orleans, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Missouri, New Jersey, New York City area, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, Delaware
Our client is the management company of a portfolio of luxury boutique hotels across North America.
The Regional Director of Marketing & Communications is a new role for an individual who is excited by the opportunity to lead the branding and marketing efforts for a group of 3 properties among the most famous resorts in the South East. The region goes from DC to Texas to Florida including obviously Virginia, The Carolinas, Georgia, Louisiana, etc…
The role will be integral to building a distinct image for each property and growing occupancy and rates as well as increasing ancillary revenues in food & beverage, spa and other activities from high-end luxury guests and patrons.
This individual will be responsible for developing the branding & marketing strategies and implementing efforts around public relations, social media, digital, ecommerce, customer relationship marketing, sales marketing and collateral for these properties as well as lead the efforts to create one of a kind content including photography, video that creates strong storytelling across all marketing channels. This person will take a lead role in writing annual marketing plans. In addition, this role will ensure that communications align with property positioning and develop strategies, identify and implement relevant partnerships, sponsorships and unique one-of-a-kind experiences working with the operations team and the guest experience curator.
The right candidate will have a deep understanding of the Southern region and its customers. We are also ideally looking for a branding executive with strong PR and communication background in luxury goods, regardless of the category (leather goods, fashion, ready to wear, beauty, wine & spirits…)
- 10 to 15+ years in marketing roles including experience working with the luxury consumer goods or luxury consumer services
- Is driven, innovative and passionate about the craft of marketing and about the luxury lifestyle market. Has a curious mind, is a strong multi-tasker who finds opportunities and creates solutions, where others find problems. Someone who “rolls-up their sleeves” to get it done and inspires others with their vision and acumen
- Has a strong understanding of the style, design and nuance of luxury that is required to create a distinctive brand for each property.
- Collaborative and has strong influencing skills and can manage a remote team at the properties
- Demonstrated success in building brands and delivering results (ideally with experience at smaller independent brands)
- Ideally has a love of the outdoors and a passion for adventure