Our client for this Senior Director of Finance & IT is a Travel Retail company with an office in Miami dedicated to the Americas region.
Reporting to the CEO, the Sr. Director, Finance & IT is responsible for developing the organization’s overall financial policies and oversees business processes. The Sr. Director, Finance & IT will be part of the executive team of the company. The role will provide strategic direction of all financial functions, ensuring that proper financial controls are in place and that financial transactions support the overall business strategy while conforming with applicable laws and regulations. Responsible to oversee the broad controlling spectrum of the businesses, including management reporting, budgetary planning and control, treasury management, taxation, statutory compliance and IT oversight. This role is also expected to motivate enhancements in business performance, spearhead initiatives for proper internal controls, and be involved in strategic and business development planning of the business.
We are looking for a finance executive with a strong previous experience with any industry related to retail, wholesale or any other CPG type of company. Some experience with commercial agreement, concession RFPs and retail leases would be a plus.
- Strategizes and oversees all financial related aspects of company operations, including accounting, financial analysis/controlling, and treasury management. Provides leadership in development and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the company.
- Directs all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyzes company’s financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Develops and coordinates all relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Defines appropriate reports for tracking and actions to improve KPI’s if necessary.
- Coordinates, prepares and reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinates and/or prepares tax schedules, returns and information.
- Manages relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Manages all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Manages cash flow. Oversees monthly results and implements monthly variance reporting and any/all relevant reports to appropriate teams
- Builds an accounting and IT department as the company grows
- Drives the development and implementation of financial budgeting and management reporting, including – in partnership with other leaders – establishment of robust strategic KPIs to promote delivery of business objectives and the tools to measure achievements
- Provides value assessment of potential projects to ensure adequate returns and efficient usage of capital.
- Reviews legal documents and liaises with lawyers for contracts outside of the sales and commercial department.
- Stays up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Oversees IT area to ensure maximum process efficiency and effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience; master’s degree preferred
- Minimum twelve years’ experience managing an accounting function in a medium-or large-size company; cruise industry/retail experience preferred
- CPA or other relevant qualification also preferred
- Proven experience as Sr. Director, Assistant VP or VP of finance or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws, and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Proficient use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Appreciated previous experience: DFA, Duty Free Americas, Dufry, Starboard, Duty Free Partners, Heinemann, DFS, Duty Free Shoppers, World Duty Free Group, Perry Ellis, Louis Vuitton, Macy’s
- Appreciated previous titles: VP of Finance, CFO, Chief Financial Officer