Our client for this opportunity is a European leader in the chocolate industry with strong business in Travel Retail worldwide.
The Area Business Manager will be in charge of developing the business of the company on the Asia-Pacific domestic and travel retail markets. The business is comprised of an established swiss chocolate brand with extisting distribution as well as the development of a new Coffee brand on the market.
We are looking for a sales and marketig professional with a passion for international distribution (domestic markets or Travel retail) with any category of consumer goods (Fragrance & Cosmetics, Food and Beverage, beauty products, confectionery, beer, wines & Spirits, etc….)
- Take over the follow up of the existing clients.
- Develop new customers – new markets.
Take over the existing clients:
- Maintain contact with the buyers in coordination with the Sales Assistant.
- Effect regular visits to the buyers at least 3 to 4 times yearly.
- Maintain contact with the Shop Managers.
- Visit and control the shops of our clients.
- Organization of training for our vendors of shops.
- Define budgets for investment with the Management and to establish a
- Business Plan according to clients.
- Develop potential clients in the assigned area.
- Maintain and coordinate the export marketing policy with the Management.
- Apply the same policy to the active clients.
- Establish the budget for investment with the Management + Set up a business plan as per client.
- Preparation and validation of budgets and goals for clients of the following year is worked out during the current year by the Management.
- Profitability of clients’ accounts:
- Monitor the follow- up of the profitability of clients’ account for improvement.
- To draw up reports status to the Management.
- Ensure the active follow-up of the promotional actions that has been defined for the marketing plan.
- Ensure the control and follow-up budgets of promotion.
- All material requests for trade marketing, such as visual, leaflet and so on must be coordinated with the Marketing Manager in order to target the planning of the graphic designers.
- Ensure a regular follow-up with each client.
- Maintain and develop the turnover of each client.
- Reminder for clients’ orders.
- Validate each order from the logistic according to prices and promotion plan.
- Give a full detailed weekly report of clients’ visits, contact, prices and any other development.
- Analysis of monthly sales report received from clients.
- Schedule a conference call for weekly sales meeting.
- A report must be drawn for each client visit related to points that have been treated or actions to be undertaken with the coordination of Assistant responsible for the internal follow-up and to copied to the Management.
- The presence at the Head office will be defined.
Duty Free Exhibition & Domestic:
- Schedule meeting of exhibitions.
- Bachelor Degree minimum (MBA a plus)
- 2 to 3 years experience in the luxury or consumer goods industries for international / export markets (Perfumes, fragrances, watches, timepieces, jewelry, fashion, apparel, food & beverage, confectionery, chocolate, wine & spirits, beer, consumer electronics, etc…)
- Fluent English
- Excellent with MS Office, Excel in particular
- VERY open to Travel internationally (50%) and work extended hours
- Familiar with multicultural and international environment
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Perfect presentation and communication skills
- Very good skills with Excel and the rest of MS Office
- Appreciated previous experience: Chocolat Frey, Ferrero, Godiva, Goldkenn, Hershey’s, Kraft Foods, Leonidas, Mars, Nestle, Perfetti Van Melle, Toms Group
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Area Export Manager, Area Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager