|Job Title||Jr Area Sales Manager Americas (Skincare, Fragrance & Haircare)|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||New York, NY 10022|
|Industry||Fragrances & Cosmetics|
|Channel||Americas Travel Retail and Latin America Local Markets|
|Reporting to||Americas Regional Sales Director|
|Languages||English AND Spanish (French would be a plus)|
|Visa||No visa sponsorship possible|
|Salary||USD $60k-80k base|
|Benefits||Bonus + Health + 401k|
Our client for this Junior Area Sales Manager job opportunity is a large international beauty company, mostly in fragrances.
This position will report to the company’s Regional Sales Director in charge of the Americas. You will assist him and work alongside two senior area managers in overseeing distribution of the company’s diversified fragrance brand portfolio in over 20 countries of the Americas.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate, multicultural individual with a background of relevant academic and professional experiences in sales, marketing or beauty.
- Ensure clients meet sales objectives by collecting, compiling and analyzing purchase, wholesale and retail sales data. Strong analytical skills are required in order to build reports factoring in multiple different data points/sources (retail sales, WS, A&P spend, distribution etc…).
- Proactively track net sales budgets and investments for each account, making sure the company is on track to reach the objectives set by the Sales Director. Push for additional sales when possible/needed.
- In charge of monitoring and implementing product launches and animation plans for clients across the region. Post-launch/animation reporting.
- Close tracking of advertising & promotion budgets and investments for all clients – as well as other payables. Following-up on receivables with clients to make sure orders aren’t held up by past-due payments.
- Collaborate with two senior area managers to oversee the Latin America client portfolio. Meet with distributors and retailers occasionally, organizing and leading business reviews and store visits.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a beauty company – sales or marketing.
- Masters level degree required. Specialized in Business or Management a plus.
- Top Excel and Powerpoint proficiency required.
- Knowledge of the following concepts is a plus: INCOTERMS, credit terms, credit limits, price structures, Cost of Goods, SPIFFs, HPP/SPP.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Appreciated previous experience: Cartier, Dior, Clarins, Clinique, Cosmetics of France, Coty, Elizabeth Arden, Essence Corp, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Guerlain, Kenzo, Kiehl’s, L’Oreal, LVMH, MAC Cosmetics, P&G, Parbel, Procter & Gamble, Roger & Gallet, YSL Beaute
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Account Executive.