Our client for this opportunity is a very famous luxury watch brand with an office in Miami in charge of Latin American domestic market.
The ideal profile for this Area Sales Manager position is an international sales executive with experience in Latin America with luxury watch brands such as Cartier (Richemont), Tag Heuer (LVMH) or Hamilton (Swatch Group).
- Drives wholesale sales in a defined territory and promotes sell-thru of the product at retail channels in order to achieve annual targets.
- Ensures each door within the area meets brand POS, sales associate training and merchandising standards.
- Ensures that the sales mix, distribution and manner in which the timepieces are sold are in accordance with the sales and marketing philosophy of the brand.
- Recommends and then carries out closures and openings of retailer accounts as an ongoing process of maintaining a clean and economically viable distribution network in accordance with the brand positioning.
- Achieves annual sales targets, (i.e. sell-in and sell-thru) by focusing on creating adapted assortment per door, monitoring inventory levels, analyzing sales and stock of the retailers to suggest replenishment orders or to propose amendments to orders received.
- Analyses variances with Regional Sales Director, and implements corrective measures.
- Regularly visits the markets.
- Prepares a pre-visit report to be shared with the retailer with meeting agenda and pending topics to be discussed; and updates it after the visit and meeting to inform of the actions to be taken and to keep records.
- Ensures that all accounts meet real estate requirements as defined by the brand.
- Trains sales associates to enhance band & product knowledge and maximize sell-thru.
- Coordinates local promotions, events and training sessions.
- Checks for proper merchandising, and corrects as per visual corporate visual merchandising guidelines.
- Maintains regular contact with retailer principals.
- Manages annual co-op budget – allocates resources to accounts to maximize sell thru.
- Follows-up on implementation of marketing program during each visit and reports variances
- Collects invoices and back-up info on marketing activities.
- Is responsible for cash collection and contacts customers directly regarding past due accounts.
- Reports regularly on market conditions, competition activities and distribution changes.
- Updates regularly databases for customers (contact list, shipping instructions…) and for competition (pricing, margins and distribution)
- Solid experience required in sales (sell-in and sell-thru) within Latin America region in similar industry.
- Knowledge of and skill in using MS Office – Excel, Power Point, Word.
- Ability to adeptly manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written communication skills for creating correspondence.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Appreciated previous experience: Audemars Piguet, Baume & Mercier, Breitling, Bulgari, Bvlgari, Cartier, Chopard, Girard Perregaux, Gucci, Hamilton, Harry Winston, IWC, Jaeger LeCoultre, Longines, LVMH, Montblanc, Omega, Panerai, Patek Philippe, Richemont, Rolex, Swatch, Tag Heuer, Tiffany, Zenith
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Area Export Manager, Area Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager
About ACCUR Recruiting Services
ACCUR Recruiting Services is a top Recruitment and Executive Search firm in New York and Miami. Our recruiters are generalists, but have a strong expertise in recruiting for Luxury Goods, Consumer Goods and Global Travel Retail.
ACCUR Recruiting Services is using a proven and recognized Executive Search process to help its clients fill their most important Executive Searches and recruitment processes.
Our Recruitment Services cover from Middle Management Contingency Recruitment to Senior Level and C-suite Executive Search.
Recruitment expertise in: Luxury Goods, Luxury Products, Consumer Goods, CPG, FMCG, Travel Retail, Beauty & Cosmetics, Wines & Spirits, Watches & Jewelry, Food & Beverage, Fashion
Our recruitment markets are: US domestic, Global Travel Retail and Latin America