Our client for this opportunity is the Americas Travel Retail of a large beauty group.
Reporting Directly to the Travel Retail Regional Director, this Travel Retail Area Sales Manager will have a specific focus on the Dufry account.
The ideal profile for this Area Sales Manager role has a previous experience managing Dufry and comes from a fortune 500 company like L’Oréal, Estée Lauder, Shiseido or LVMH.
Achieve SALES and plan INVESTMENTS
- Deliver on top line sales objectives
- Manage regional spend for the area/ group of customers
- Define and follow budget targets to reach sales and profit levels.
- Continuously look for, and assess, new business opportunities within area.
- Develop strong working relationship with Regional Accounts.
- Drive commercial negotiations at corporate (HQ) and field levels (stores)
- Work with clients to maximize all aspects of business (in-shop space & locations, prices, investments, promotions…)
- Day-to-day management of accounts jointly working with TR Americas Team (Sales, Marketing, Trade Marketing, Finance and Logistics departments)
- Forecasting responsibilities on saleable and non-saleable goods (POS material, GWP etc…) to optimize costs and avoid obsolescence.
MANAGEMENT and TRAINING of the Field Sales Force
- Manage a team of Retail Specialists (1 Direct Line and 2 Dotted Line). Set specific objectives and goals to be delivered on in-store measures.
- Manage the direct Beauty Consultants of the area. Evaluate performance with Retail Specialists and optimize organization
Implementation of MARKETING/TRADE MARKETING Guidelines
- Together with Regional Director and TR Americas Marketing team, define, negotiate and implement marketing, launch and promotional plans
- Ensure that merchandising, builds and visual implementation is in line with corporate and brand guidelines
- Negotiate promotional activities to develop the business.
- Market Intelligence: gather market information related to the industry (market size, distribution, pricing, launch results, ranking etc.)
- Continuously seek new opportunities in space and location to enhance brand image and visibility
- Negotiate and implement the company’s brand image in all doors according to VIP guidelines (ie personalized Brand fixtures – where possible)
- 3 to 5 years experience in the luxury or consumer goods industries, latin american local markets or travel retail (Perfumes, fragrances, watches, timepieces, jewelry, fashion, apparel, food & beverage, wine & spirits, consumer electronics, etc…)
- Fluent in both English AND Spanish
- Excellent with MS Office, Excel in particular
- VERY open to Travel internationally (30-50%) and work extended hours
- Familiar with multicultural and international environment
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Perfect presentation and communication skills
- Very good skills with Excel and the rest of MS Office
- Appreciated previous experience: Bulgari, Cartier, Christian Dior, Clarins, Clinique, Cosmetics of France, Coty, Elizabeth Arden, Essence Corp, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Guerlain, Kenzo, LVMH, MAC Cosmetics, Occitane, P&G, Procter & Gamble, Roger & Gallet, YSL Beaute, Unilever, Nestle, Kraft Foods, Mondelez, Diageo, Pernod Ricard, Bacardi, Newell Rubbermaid, etc…
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Area Export Manager, Area Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager