|Job Title||Area Sales Manager (Travel retail & Local markets) – Spirits (Cognac)|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||Fort Lauderdale, FL|
|Industry||Wines & Spirits, Liquors (Cognac)|
|Channel||Travel Retail - Duty Free and Local Markets|
|Reporting to||Americas Regional Director|
|Traveling||50% to 70%|
|Languages||English & Spanish|
|Visa||No sponsorship possible|
|Salary||USD $70k to $80k base|
|Benefits||Bonus + Health + 401k|
Our client for this Area Sales Manager opportunity is a well known International Cognac brand.
IMPORTANT: This is not a very senior Area Sales Manager role, since there is no or limited sell-in responsibilities (more sell-out, execution and POS visits) and the salary range is $70k to $80k base.
Develop the sales performance of the brands on the territory. Implement the strategic plans for the Brands in the territory, in accordance with the strategy of the Group. Territory is Americas Travel Retail and Latin American/Caribbean local markets.
We are looking for someone who has already had a first experience in international sales for LATAM or Travel Retail, ideally in Wines & Spirits (if not, then other categories, such as beauty, tobacco or watches).
- Implement sales strategy defined by management and achieve sales budget objectives in assigned area and trade
- Is responsible for achieving the sales forecasts.
- Develop sales with existing customers as well as prospects new ones
- Organise training focusing particularly on Duty Free
- Ensure proper merchandising is in place
- Implement and follow up promotions at customer level
- Recommends and manages the ATL and BTL budgets within the approved parameters.
- Analyses strength and weaknesses in the territory
- Creates new contacts and liaison channels for partners
- Establishes regular reporting on activity
- Maintains the good legal standing and image of the Company
- Bachelor Degree minimum (MBA a plus)
- 3 to 5 years experience in the luxury or consumer goods industries, latin american local markets or travel retail (Perfumes, fragrances, watches, timepieces, jewelry, fashion, apparel, food & beverage, wine & spirits, consumer electronics, etc…)
- Fluency in English & Spanisg
- Excellent with MS Office, Excel in particular
- Open to Travel internationally (50% to 70%) and work extended hours
- Familiar with multicultural and international environment
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Perfect presentation and communication skills
- Appreciated previous experience: Bulgari, Cartier, Dior, Clarins, Coty, Elizabeth Arden, Essence Corp, Estee Lauder, Givenchy, Guerlain, Kenzo, L’Oreal, LVMH, Moet Hennessy, L’Occitane, P&G, Parbel, Procter & Gamble, Diageo, Pernod Ricard, Camus, Edrington, Brown Forman, William Grant & Sons, Remy Cointreau, Bacardi, Newell Rubbermaid, etc…
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Area Export Manager, Area Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager, Key Account Manager