A key success factor of this retail role is to be able to proactively bring business to the store by building and maintaining a network of interior designers and architects. This is why having an interior design or architecture background will help a lot, and why previous retail experience without any clienteling or outside networking probably will not.
Our client for this Assistant Store Manager role is a high end furniture store in the Miami Design District.
Responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals through providing an exceptional customer experience. Work with walk-in clients as well as bring in clients using various outreaching methods. Assess their needs and assist them in the selection of furniture and accessories. Answers all customer inquiries related to products, such as quality features, availability and/or lead-times. Prepare customer orders, process client payments, provide invoices and warranty information. In addition, handle all functions of the Store Manager as required or in the Store Manager’s absence. Assist with various administrative tasks, respond to basic product questions from customers, and make customer follow-up calls on pending quotes and calls to carriers or technicians to follow up on orders in transit or products being repaired.
- Create a memorable, personal experience that differentiates the Company which inspires the customer to return and builds loyalty to the brand.
- Use design aesthetic and background to provide the customer and/or designers with project direction, frame and fabric selections, and furniture layout to ensure a successful completion and delivery of order.
- Complete sales transactions from qualifying the potential client, to design consultation, product selection, quote preparation, payment processing, and follow through of delivery and set-up.
- In cooperation with Director of Stores, maintain the striking visual appearance of the Store by effectively executing merchandise plans and strategies.
- Verify accuracy of sales orders and manage daily cash/credit transactions and reporting.
- Respond to/resolve common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Assist in management of inventory and facility upkeep to meet the needs of the Store within established Company standards.
- Execute Company sales policies and practices.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- BA or BS in Interior Design, Architectural Studies, Fashion Design or any related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ sales management experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience with management approval.
- Proven track record of increasing sales in a similar showroom or store.
- Broad knowledge of design and effective sales and specification techniques desired.
- Effective management abilities, flexibility and organizational skills.
- Must be effective at presenting information in one-to-one and small group situations to consumers, designers, vendors, representatives and employees.
- Able to work extended hours up to and including some holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Possesses a strong work ethic demonstrated by attention to detail and completion of all tasks.
- Ability to problem-solve, to work in a fast-paced environment, to handle difficult situations and to provide superior client service to both external and internal clients and staff.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to interface effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to work all days of the week and all shifts.
- Appreciated previous experience: Lilian August, Roche-Bobois, Mitchell Gold, Cassina, B&B Italia, Flair, Ligne Roset, BIF
About ACCUR Recruiting Services
Experts in Luxury Goods and Travel Retail global recruitment