Our client for this new Branch Manager position is an established graphic & lighting signs supplier with a B2B / B2C branch in Edison, NJ.
The primary objective of the Branch Manager will include managing and directing the warehouse, delivery, customer service, and sales functions of the Branch either directly or indirectly through a subordinate supervisor.
- Coordinates and oversees the complete branch operations, including warehousing, branch sales, and distribution efforts in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures and according to the metrics established by the company.
- Evaluates the current local market conditions and reports any changes or new developments to Senior management.
- Opens and closes the facility daily, participates in inventory, visits the Branch’s top prospective and current customers making sales calls and developing customer relationships.
- Analyzes the branches inventory levels, gross margins, and expenses and exercises control over cost cutting measures and product pricing.
- Confers with customers and vendor representatives to evaluate and promote or improve expanded services in the local market.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees, completes the budget process and has responsibility for the Branch P&L.
- Is a role model for employees and a professional representative of the company and the branch to all customers, vendors, and all industry associations
- Must have effective leadership skills and demonstrate team behavior and be willing to promote a team oriented environment.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills by conveying information accurately, listening effectively, and asking questions for clarification.
- Must demonstrate reliability, professionalism, honesty and integrity in maintaining the branch operations.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative, striving to continually improve processes and relationships while developing individual members of their team so as to advance their job responsibilities and individual growth.
- Gives and receives feedback and evaluation as an improvement tool. Sets measurable goals for self improvement and works at developing leadership skills in subordinate employees.
- Continues to work toward individual personal growth in terms of overall knowledge of the sign industry, changes in product offerings and product advancements and general advancements in our industry and technology.
- Appreciated previous roles: Customer Service Manager, Sales Administration Manager, Operations Manager, Sales & Operations Manager