Our client is a small, but established and successful spirits company in the Philadelphia area. They started selling in their home area as well as opportunistically in Florida, Las Vegas and in military. They have recently secured funding to structure their operations and ramp up production in order to go on with a much more aggressive and ambitious distribution strategy across the US.
You will be in charge of launching new brands in the US. The role will be focused on creating and implementing a brand strategy, as well as on marketing execution.
This role requires an experienced Senior Brand Manager who has a strong marketing, analytical and digital background and can balance thinking strategically with the key executional priorities on our brands. Main skills required: execution, trade marketing, administration and people skills (working with sales team).
- Lead your portfolio as brand champion
- Develop brand plans for assigned brands to achieve objectives
- Develop and manage strategies and tactics to drive market share, distribution, volume and profitability
- Create launch plans for new brands and brand extensions, working with the CEO, the Director of Marketing, and the sales team
- Create presentations for sales, distributors, and key buyers
- Analyse market data and brand performance to determine opportunities
- Work with agencies and vendors to develop programming, POS and VAPs; manage demo agencies
- POS management, allocation, and shipments
- Manage PR and event activities for assigned brands. Execute trade events including logistics, sample shipments, and developing POS
- Focus on appropriate consumer targets, accounts, geographies, and channels in order to achieve long term objectives
- Prepare Excel and PowerPoint reports showing brand performance. Experience working with syndicated data in beverage alcohol channel, e.g. Nielsen or IRI
- Manage, organize and share all digital assets while ensuring brand consistency
- Travel to events, meetings and wineries as required for work assignments and brand education
- Other marketing roles as outlined by the Director of Marketing and Brand Manager
- Minimum 5 years experience in a brand management role in the wine & spirits industry
- Beverage alcohol experience
- Wine and spirits knowledge or training is a plus
- BA degree
- Strong analytical, written and verbal reasoning skills
- Travel up to 30%
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work with data
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Bardinet, Beam Suntory, Brown Forman, Campari, Constellation Brands, Distell, Camus Cognac, Diageo, Jose Cuervo, LVMH, Marie Brizard, Maxxium, Moet Hennessy, Patron Spirits, Pernod Ricard, Remy Cointreau, Stoli, Edrington, WEBB, William Grant & Sons, Zamora, etc.
- Appreciated previous titles: Brand Manager, Senior Brand Manager, Marketing Manager, Marketing Director, Category Manager