Our client for this Brand Marketing Manager (Beauty product development) is a dynamic and award winning cosmetic and personal care manufacturer. They are fully vertically integrated and have a unique ability to bring products to market with agility and our practices in place built on a solid foundation. Appealing design, value and high quality, functional formulas characterize all of the company brands, which feature products in multiple categories including Face, Hair, Body, Men’s, Natural, Home and Pet. Some of their major partners include Walmart, Kroger, CVS, HEB, 5 Below, Dollar General, Costco, Sam’s Club, Amazon, TJ Maxx, Ross and Burlington. They do everything in house, from R&D, to production, brand development, and quality control. They are proud that all our products are made here with no animal testing and responsible sourcing.
This is a critical position at for the company and it will have a significant impact on its growth. You will lead the conceptualization, development and evaluation of innovative, high quality trending beauty products as well as generating new opportunities for brand growth. You will strongly influence the products we bring to market with your creativity, knowledge and passion for cosmetic products. Ideal Profile
We need a pure ideation specialist. Someone with previous experience in product development who has in the same time intuition, personal care market expertise and ability to back it all up with data. You will collect feedback from clients, employees, stakeholders; analyze data: prepare product development business cases and pitch the company on new ideas, extending existing product ranges, creating new ones or even opening new neighboring markets. The company is very fast paced and entrepreneurial!
- Lead innovative pipeline by leveraging insights and analytics in support of brand’s strategic direction, priorities and market share objectives. Oversee and drive all aspects of product development lifecycle
- Identify ongoing growth opportunities within category
- Drive retailer relationship as main point person for all new product development and brand activities
- Analyze business, competition and trends to identify product needs, gaps and opportunities
- Manage the development and execution of the category’s new product development process from ideation to launch including (but not limited to) developing briefs based on consumer insights and opportunity, defining objective and strategy, recommending cost of goods and pricing targets and identifying target claims and storytelling
- Strategize and align the development of new products with category refreshes and customer seasonal requirements.
- This role works closely with the Sales team to manage client relations and the approval process; creative team and package development team on artwork process, including routing and proofreading; and with all internal cross-functional teams to manage and drive projects internally.
- Liaise with content writers for product claims, ingredients stories, and benefit summaries.
- Work with R&D Chemistry team on the development of new product formulas and creation of lab briefs.
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Supply Chain teams to guide and support the sourcing of new packaging options and projects.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the beauty industry trends and competitive environment in retail and digital marketplaces.
- Build and develop a team as we grow
- Product formulation, packaging and marketing experience in the retail beauty industry
- Experience building and leading a team
- Strong understanding of what is trending in cosmetics
- Skilled at identifying opportunities within a product assortment and proposing brand ideas that will drive growth
- Experience working with stakeholders to collaborate on timelines and projects to bring products to market and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast moving environment
- Strong communication, influencing, and presentation skills – ability to transmit your passion for beauty and insight to others
- Excellent ability to analyze sales data and identify areas for growth/opportunity
- Successful working with high degree of autonomy
- Highly proficient in Powerpoint, Excel, Word
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business or related field
- Appreciated previous experience: P&G, Unilever, Edgewell personal care, Reckitt Benkiser, L’Oreal Kimberly Clark, Colgate Palmolive, e.l.f beauty, Coty, Biersdorf, Interparfums, Parlux, Gilette, Sarah Lee, Johnson & Johnson, Henkel, Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, Revlon, Avon, Mary Kay
- Appreciated previous titles: Brand Manager, Brand Marketing Manager, Product Development Manager, Product Development Specialist