Our client for this great Travel Retail career opportunity is a successful fashion watch company who is ready to have fully dedicated resources to the Travel Retail channel.
The Business Development Manager Travel Retail will be in charge of opening and developing key account in Europe and elsewhere around the world (Dufry, Heinemann, Lagardere, DFS…)
The ideal profile for this Business Development Manager Travel Retail job opportunity is a “hunter” and a true business developer. The main goal being the opening of new accounts, this is a not a job for someone who only has the experience of managing and maintaining existing accounts.
- Define a regional Sales Plan for the TR industry in accordance with the company’s strategic targets.
- Responsible to reach the sales targets approved by the management.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with the main operators in the area
- Propose the best strategies to expand as fast as possible the number of airports and cruise line shops where the company is present.
- Act as the Brand Ambassador within this distribution channel in the area
- Carry on sales and merchandising trainings to all retail staff involved in sales.
- Liaise with the different branches to secure their support and active involvement.
- Negotiate best possible locations, spaces and image projection tools with the operators in the HQ as well as inside the TR stores
- Make sure all customers receive the needed merchandising tools to secure a proper brand presentation
- Tight follow up of the sales performance of every store. Systematic analytical job based on all reports obtained from the TR customers.
- Active proposals of best selling items, display concepts and sales techniques to all staff involved.
- Active proposals of effective trade marketing actions such as promotions, sales incentives, coop marketing activities, etc. to push sales in the stores.
- Monitoring of the performance of the company’s main competitors as well as of their activities in TR.
- Bachelor Degree minimum (MBA a plus)
- Experience of 7-10 years in similar position and in the luxury goods / fashion industry.
- Proven level of contacts in the Travel Retail / Duty Free industry.
- English fluency
- Very strong analytical skills
- Excellent with MS Office, Excel in particular
- VERY open to Travel (70%) and work extended hours
- Familiar with multicultural and international environment
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Perfect presentation and communication skills
- Appreciated previous experience: Aurora, Braun, AT Cross, Lifetrons, Montblanc, Agatha, Baccarat, Clogau Gold, Festina, Frey Wille, Lambretta, Misaki, Pandora, Swarovski, Tous, L’Oreal, LVMH, Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy, Richemont, Cartier
- Appreciated previous titles: Area Sales Manager, Area Export Manager, Area Manager, Account Executive, Business Development Manager, Territory Manager