|Job Title||COO – Pre-Owned Luxury Goods|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Industry||Pre-Owned Luxury Watches|
|Channel||Online Sales, Ecommerce, Retail|
|Reports||Team of 15|
|Visa||No sponsorship possible. Must have a valid work authorization.|
|Salary||USD $120k-$130 base + bonus|
Our client for this opportunity is an established family owned business selling pre-owned luxury watches mostly online, but also via their retail store in Atlanta. The business is extremely successful and growing.
The family owning the business would like to make their first executive hire into the company, who will help bring new growth ideas to the company, as well as help execute on current growth strategy. One of the goals will be to help professionalize the company and help recruit & manage team members. The right candidate will have the opportunity to take over management of parts of the business once capabilities are proven and with time.
We’re looking for a COO with Luxury goods or ideally watch experience who has a desire to become instrumental in the continued development and daily operations of an established eCommerce and Retail luxury watch store. If you have served as COO in the past and you’re a highly educated leader and willing to “figure it out” when needed we’d like to talk to you.
The ideal profile is an experienced retail or ecommerce executive with strong knowledge of luxury goods. The candidate should have experience managing and executing through a company’s growth cycle. The candidate should be a strong leader, and be very results driven.
- Collaborate with our CEO on 1, 3, and 5-year plans for company growth and evolution through both eCommerce and Retail store in Atlanta
- Develop and integrate staffing programs designed to attract the highest caliber team members and Managing Operations Personnel
- Execute on strategic projects to help growth of the firm
- Creating Operations Strategy and Policies and Communicating them to employees
- Part of the Management Committee in the company
- Ensure all program initiatives align with the company’s core values and culture
- Provide leadership and help develop employees in the company
Top 5 Attributes
- Extensive Experience in Jewelery / Watch industry and strong connections within the industry
- Experience in Luxury E-Commerce
- Experience working in a family business dynamic
- Record of success in scaling an organization and building consensus and teams to execute difficult projects
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
- Strong previous experience in Ecommerce Management
- Ideally previous experience in luxury goods (Jewelry, watches, handbags, leather goods, high fashion…)
- Proven success in the development of marketing materials and campaigns for high volume retail and online business.
- Proven success in managing a profitable luxury retail business.
- Proven success in managing staff for a small to medium retail business, with online sales and call center
- Proven managerial experience with e-Commerce, call center, and point of sale systems. Start-up experience a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years of previous retail and online sales experience.
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience as manager of retail business.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, diplomacy and sensitivity, and the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing, building, and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated business and analytical skills.
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and adhere to a budget consistent with organizational objectives.
- Ability to develop Strong understanding of process workflows in order to develop or revise procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with order fulfillment in e-Commerce business.
- Proficiency with Point-of-Sale inventory management system.
- Proficiency with Financial Report analysis.
- Appreciated previous titles: Ecommerce Director, Online Sales Director, COO, President
- Appreciated previous experience: Stadium Goods, FarFetch, matchesfashion, Tradesy, RealReal, Fashion File, Vestiaire Collective, Poshmark, StockX, Ebay, Gilt, Fight Club, GOAT