Our client is a large non-for-profit trade association for financial institutions. From our client: We are on a mission to drive member engagement. We are evolving the way we connect and bring value to our members. We need a creative and strategic senior-level marketing leader to oversee member-engagement marketing, directly owning our content creation, campaign, publications, digital and design teams. Our success marketing depends on leadership that can challenge the norm and offer fresh perspectives. This is a newly-created, full time position who reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and can be located in either Windsor, CT or Atlanta, GA with some work-from-home flexibility.
The Corporate VP, Marketing, is a highly collaborative, business-savvy professional who has solid experience leading multiple teams and in building marketing programs with key business partners and measuring business impact. Leadership is essential to this position and the successful candidate will have 10 years of proven leadership experience. We are looking for a leader of leaders. You will be responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined strategy in a manner that drives association growth globally, while supporting the global marketing goals. The successful candidate will lead the strategy, campaign development and execution of member awareness and engagement programs, with a focus on innovative marketing initiatives that are relevant, timely and actionable.
As an individual, you will be a builder who enjoys bringing creative ideas and solutions to your work. You are a passionate marketer with a track record of success with the organizations that you have worked for. You love building and developing teams because their success is yours. You are excited by the opportunity to join a purpose-driven organization dedicated to bringing value to its membership.
On your first day, we’ll expect that you’ll have:
- A proven ability to create and drive marketing strategy while being a hands-on leader resulting in growth across both new and established product lines
- Customer Experience focus with demonstrated understanding of customer/market needs
- Proven leadership skills in building an innovative team
- A passion for supporting best practice, data-driven processes such as segmentation, digital marketing, and daily operating cadence
- Develop and execute marketing strategy, branding initiatives, new product introductions, and other marketing projects to engage a member company constituencies.
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth
- Execute against marketing goals and corporate five year strategic roadmap
- Develop and deliver with your teams:
- Branding & Marketing Communications
- Brand messaging
- Digital media strategy to include website, digital campaigns,
- Help set and execute the 3-5 year strategic roadmap with the CMO and track all related success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field. (MBA preferred)
- 10+ years of progressively increasing experience in communications or marketing.
- A minimum of 10 years of management experience, with experience managing managers strongly preferred. Planning and managing experience at both strategic and operational levels.
- Proven success leading and mentoring team members across multiple campuses
- Ability to communicate strongly with team members and senior management.
- Thrives working within a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles and brand management.
- Experience deploying or improving an organization’s digital strategy.
- Industry experience in Financial Services is also a plus.
- Successful experience developing B2B markets
- Ability to work with collaboratively with other functions, including sales, product, and IT to drive revenue growth
- Analyzing statistical data to measure, inform decisions, and improve the performance of marketing activities such as market segmentation, customer behavior and data driven marketing.
- Bias for Action, results oriented, drives accountability. Ability to pivot between strategic vision and tactical focus
- Strong knowledge of and experience using full range of digital marketing tools, including: social media, Content marketing, CMS and Marketing Automation/CRM. Ability to apply marketing techniques over multiple digital channels
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, management and negotiating skills to maintain effective relationships with senior leadership, the board of directors, management, staff, and outside business partners.
- Effective communicator who fosters an open dialogue, promotes frank discussions of tough issues as appropriate, keeps other well informed, and listens carefully to input and feedback.
- Strong leadership skills with success developing and growing individuals and teams; including interviewing, hiring, training, appraising, and providing feedback and addressing performance issues