ACCUR Recruiting Services is a leading recruitment firm specialized in゠Luxury Goods and Consumer goods industries for their export, travel retail and duty free business (Cosmetics, Fragrances, Watch & Jewelry, Wine & Spirits, Food & Beverage, Tobacco, Fashion…).
Our client is a well known auction house with very strong business in Luxury Handbags (Hermes, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, etc…).
The Director of Luxury Handbags Department will be in charge of finding, authenticating and negotiating pre-owned luxury handbags in pristine conditions, as well as managing sales though live auctions, online auctions and corners in very exclusive department stores.
The ideal profile is someone who゠is already an expert at authenticating and pricing rare handbags from the most prestigious brands (Hermes, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, etc…). Someone with very strong business sense, who knows how to buy well, what will sell. Ideally someone, who already buy and sell handbags as a full time or part time business on ebay or elsewhere. This is not your classic corporate job for a brand that sells by itself. ゠Your products will sell by themselves, because you know what to buy and at what price!
- Obtain consignments and purchase for inventory
- Supervise the vetting of condition and authenticate properties consigned
- Create and proofread descriptions for catalogs, essays, and advertising copy
- Market specific consignments to valued clients
- Supervise 3+ Signature Auctions and weekly internet auctions
- Manage staff of 5-7 employees
- Negotiate client terms
- Review settlements and wires
- Procure and manage multi-million dollar inventory
- Maintain online boutique
- Fulfill Department Stores corners’ inventory for the company in 5 stores and 4 trunk shows
- Create and develop strategic partnerships with clients, vendors, online and other luxury brand purveyors
- Other duties may be assigned
- Education: BA in Business or Marketing, MBA is a plus.
- Work Experience: 5 years experience as “luxury handbags trader” or very strong experience in Luxury Goods
- Very strong negotiation skills!
- Proficiency in MS Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Appreciated previous experience: Balenciaga, Burberry, Chanel, Celine, Chloe, Christian Dior, Fendi, Goyard, Gucci,゠Hermes, Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu, Prada, Tom Ford, Yves Saint Laurent
- Appreciated previous titles:゠Store Manager, Store Director, General Manager, Boutique Manager, Boutique Director
About ACCUR Recruiting Services
Experts in Luxury Goods and Travel Retail global recruitment