Our client for this Manager of Marketing & Communications opportunity is a famous luxury watch brand with an office in Boca Raton in charge of the US domestic market.
We are looking for a hands-on marketer with a proven competency in managing projects and adequate education and work experience in Marketing & Communications (at least 5 years of work-related experience required). You will need to be a highly motivated self-starter, be able to work across a diversity of cultures, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. You will comfortably liaise vertically throughout the leadership structure as well as horizontally across departments. You must be passionate about the development of sustainable, effective marketing strategies and have the skills and organizational flair to implement them effectively.
The ideal profile is a marketing manager with experience in dealing with very high luxury (luxury goods, fine jewelry, high fashion, yachting, luxury hospitality…). The position is a sole contributor, acting as the head of marketing for the brand in the US. Additionally the position will require 30 to 40% travel across the US, Canada and Caribbean.
- Report directly to the General Manager of the Brand in North America and interact with a team of 3 colleagues + additional Group employees from the extended local team in the Region
- Prepare marketing and communication strategies in conjunction with the General Manager, including the trade local marketing implementation and execution of integrated Marketing & Communications plan throughout the entire distribution channel (coop budget and local market initiatives)
- Develop a marketing and communication plan with clear deliverables and objectives
- Analyze market trends and recommend changes to the marketing strategy based on analysis and feedback
- Collect and analyze market information and competitors’ marketing and events data
- Generate needed reports for Head Office and internal usage. Assist in the preparation of the business plan
- Proactively share local insights/ best practices with global Marketing and Communications teams
- Liaise with HQ PR & Communications Department and local PR Agency, managing the creation and delivery of press releases, media campaigns and other marketing materials and content, as well as measure their effectiveness
- Build, manage and support the brand relationships with press, influencers, celebrities, opinion leaders, etc.
- Regularly send out personalized PR messages and follow up on all editorial results
- Identify and execute high-quality product placement opportunities with local experts and PR agency
- Share monthly PR results with local sales team, General Manager, Marketing ad PR team at HQ
- Deepen relationships with the media to ensure the most effective messaging and positioning of the organization
- Events Planning and Implementation
- Propose and organize promotional and PR events based on Annual Marketing Calendar
- Monitor event budgets and continuously improve ROI activity by activity
- Share event results with Global Marketing team and General Manager
- Manage Marketing strategic sponsorship & partnership agreements at local level. Develop and execute new marketing ideas and concepts at partners’ local events
Digital Content Management
- Cooperate with HQ for local digital plan content and implementation
- Work closely with PR agency in NYC to discuss social media plan, strategy, and actions
- Initiate and coordinate projects including e-commerce, website local content, etc.
- Proactively share local insights on digital communication channels & new platforms
- Ensure full brand expression and communication across all relevant local social media (at POS level)
VM/ Trade MKT
- Develop Marketing solutions that are directly aiming at boosting sales at POS level (establishing ‘top of mind’ brand awareness across local distribution channel)
- Maintain brand image and positioning at POS
- Coordinate, implement, and update display materials for POS on a regular basis
- Produce special display materials for special events and coordinate logistics at local level
- Liaise with HQ and orchestrate the production of all the VM window display materials with third-party vendors
- Oversee and manage the warehouse and stock level of display materials, gifts, and furniture
- Work with all the official retailers, contractors, and HQ for POS projects, including the construction of new POS corners, renovation of POS dedicated spaces, and Shop-in-Shop solutions
- Marketing support and training at POS level, local CRM management
Budget & Finance
- Prepare and adhere to a Marketing budget, in conjunction with HQ directives and General Manager advices
- Liaise with finance department and General Manager for monthly reports on Marketing budget status
- Manage marketing expenses, invoices, and office-related documents, including PR agency fees and retainer’s agreement
- Liaise with finance and vendors for monthly marketing recurring payments
- Update monthly marketing expense tracking systems
- Liaise and discuss with the group legal team in North America for all Marketing & Communications-related agreements
- 5 to 10 years marketing experience in high end luxury (luxury goods, fine jewelry, high fashion, yachting, luxury hospitality…)
- Available to travel 30 to 40%
- Able to think strategically and execute on the field. This is a sole contributor role.
- Appreciated previous roles: Marketing Manager, Head of Marketing, Communication Manager
- Appreciated previous experience: Audemars Piguet, Corum, Estee Lauder, Invicta, Kering, L’Oreal, LVMH, Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy, Richemont, Swatch Group, TechnoMarine