Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Director of Marketing (Home Goods)
Location: Hollywood, FL
Industry: Home Goods
Market: US Domestic Market
Channel: DTC, marketplaces, wholesale
Reporting to: CEO
Direct Reports: team of about 5 people
Languages: English only
Visa: Requires a valid work permit (no visa sponsorship possible)
Job ID: CW23-029
Remote work policy: Hybrid (local: 2-3 days/wk)
Job Seniority: Middle Management Level
Company size: Small (1-50 ppl)
Company Ownership: Privately Owned
Our client for this Marketing Director role is a successful, independent fast growing wall art and home decor company. Their channels of distribution in the order of importance are (1) their own direct-to-consumer website, (2) market places like wayfair, amazon, restoration hardware etc, and (3) brick and mortar stores.
Their goal is to position the company as a premium luxury brand and global leader for high-end, unique wall art. They are in the process of moving away from the canvas commodity product to focus on special elevated art finishes to create long lasting value and build a meaningful relationship with our customers/collectors. This is an opportunity to join our organization in a brand new position that will directly support this strategic goal.
They aim to establish their brand as a global leader in high-quality, unique home goods. They are transitioning from generic products to offer more specialized, high-value items to foster long-lasting relationships with their customers. This role is a new addition to the company, created to support this strategic goal.
The Marketing Director is expected to be strategic, decisive, flexible, and a team-oriented leader. The candidate must have a knack for translating consumer insights into innovative strategies and creating engaging communication strategies, focusing on disruptive brands.
The candidate should be experienced in innovation, brand equity, brand architecture, and consumer insights for B2C and B2B businesses with varying budget sizes.
Skills in team leadership and organizational development for teams of up to 30 people are required.
- Develop a sustainable marketing strategy for DTC, focusing on long-lasting customer acquisition.
- Create a marketing calendar to maximize strategy returns while continually enhancing our brand image.
- Analyze consumer behavior and determine customer personas.
- Formulate a content strategy addressing our core customers’ needs.
- Research and analyze market trends and competitors.
- Understand customer types and design strategies to engage them.
- Track marketing campaign effectiveness and report findings to the executive team.
- Oversee all marketing tasks execution. Manage agencies, contractors, and internal team members to deliver end results.
- Handle the design and production of promotional materials, such as newsletters, social content, website landing pages, postcards, etc.
- Design constant, iterative tests throughout the funnel, utilizing the results to develop data-driven strategy updates that improve key performance metrics.
- Own and manage online marketing solutions, including social media integration, search engine optimization (SEO), and other monitoring methodologies and analytics.
- Manage the marketing budget allocation, ensuring the spending delivers a positive ROI.
- Propose strategies to reduce costs or boost ROI.
- Build brand awareness and increase brand value and profitability.
- Ensure that messaging and marketing activities align with brand and company values.
- Develop new teams to scale the business or introduce a new product line or channel. This includes recruitment, new team structure design, defining new functions with clear objectives and responsibilities, all aligning with the company and brand objectives.
- Previous work experience as a Marketing Director or VP of Marketing, preferably in the home goods ecommerce industry.
- Experience in executing successful marketing campaigns.
- Analytical mindset with proficiency in Excel, Google Analytics, and SEO practices.
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals.
- Fast learner, self-starter, highly organized, and productivity-driven.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes, plan, prioritize, and coordinate effectively and independently.