Our client for this Director of Operations job opening is a young aggressive startup looking to disrupt the beauty industry by bringing a new level of customer experience to beauty online (95% of sales) and in salons and spas (5%).
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical and driven leader who will join our senior management team. You will be responsible for leading the company’s day-to-day business operations (managing the company budget, ensuring operational compliance is followed, and addressing administrative issues). We also need someone coming from an environment with a warehouse and logistics, as that is a big component of the role, and who built or operated a startup before.
- Manage, improve and optimize operational practices
- Provide daily operations oversight
- Hiring top candidates
- Formalize policies and procedures in accordance to HR regulations
- Measure the effectiveness of all processes (budget, operations, and management, etc.)
- Determine company’s strategic growth as part of the executive team
- Coordinate cross-functional initiatives and projects
- Previous experience in operations or related field
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Appreciated previous titles: Supply Chain & eCommerce Manager , eCommerce Customer Supply Chain Manager, Supply Chain Integration Lead.
- Appreciated previous experience: Biersdorf, Caudalie, Coty, Cover Girl, Drunk Elephant, e.l.f , Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, Glossier, Honest Beauty, Interparfums, L’Occitane, L’Oreal, Nyx, Revlon, Urban Decay