Our client for this Insignia Ecommerce Director is a Not-Fot-Profit organization located in Washington, DC. They used to sell through a third party and have just decided to internalize this function.
The Insignia Ecommerce Director serves as the operations manager of the Insignia Department and is responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans, budgeting, processes and procedures for Department, as well as overseeing day-to-day operations in accordance with the policies and objectives established by the Executive Committee.
Ideal Profile Strong experience in ecommerce and ideally knowledge of Retail Pro (POS) BigCommerce (Ecommerce System) and Big Hairy Dog software.
Oversees and supervises all aspects of the insignia operation including in the areas of operation, retail, personnel, and administration. OPERATIONS
- Ensures customer orders are fulfilled in accordance with established timeframes and work with the Insignia Advisory Committee to streamline the pin approval process.
- Monitors the e-commerce platform and point-of-sale system to ensure system synchronization.
- Establishes and monitors reorder point levels. Ensures replenishment of inventory orders are submitted in sufficient time. Ensures timely receipts of inventory after quality control validation.
- Ensures compliance by staff of timely communication to members regarding orders, backorders, timing, etc.
- Develops processes, procedures, practices, job aids, worksheets, etc. for the department.
- Safeguards the inventory and develops protocols for safeguarding inventory when traveling.
- Develops pricing protocol for pins and ensures compliance. Notifies the Administrator and Corresponding Secretary General of any recommendation to deviate from protocol.
- Supervises and conducts sales of insignia in the office, during Continental Congress and for visited states.
- Coordinates the design, production, and delivery of new insignia with the office of the Organizing Secretary General.
- Conducts physical inventories per prescribed procedure.
- Monitors and ensures quality levels of product and packaging.
- Develops after-sale protocols as needed regarding returns, repairs, problems, etc.
- Manages contracts and purchase orders with external vendors (e.g. manufacturers, ribbon / sash maker, custom packing materials).
- Establishes and implements performance standards for external vendors.
- Monitors and enforces product quality with external vendors and insignia staff to include engraved insignia.
- Analyzes sales order metrics and makes recommendations for inventory, retiring pins, etc. to the Administrator and to the Insignia Advisory Committee through the Corresponding Secretary General.
- Plans annual budgets. Reports expenditures and sales on a monthly basis to the Administrator, the Corresponding Secretary General, Insignia Advisory Committee, Controller, and Finance Committee.
- Provides sales tax reports to the Controller as required.
- Provides monthly reports to Administrator, Corresponding Secretary General, and the Controller, and Insignia Advisory Committee Chair.
- Conducts briefings of Executive Committee and Insignia Advisory Committee as requested.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by the Administrator and/or the Corresponding Secretary General.
- Manages the design of marketing campaigns, new member insignia package, marketing supplies, insignia website, insignia Facebook group, blog posts, Daughters Newsletter ads and articles, targeted emails, and similar other actions. Coordinates all such activities with the Corresponding Secretary General.
- Recommends discounts, coupons, drawings, and other incentives to Insignia Advisory Committee.
MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATION
- Manages the Insignia Department and supervises assigned staff.
- Interviews and participates in the selection of insignia staff.
- Identifies and/or develops training programs and related materials for the department.
- Calls and conducts meetings as deemed necessary and participates in other staff meetings (department head meetings, training sessions, etc.) as required.
- Prepares and conducts performance reviews in accordance with established guidelines.
- Participates in managerial and department head meetings.
- Coordinates operations and activities with other departments as needed.
- Maintains a schedule for sales at national and state meetings and schedules appropriate staff and volunteers.
- Coordinates assignment of volunteer insignia sales team with Corresponding Secretary General.
- Trains members as volunteer insignia sales team
- Bachelor’s degree required. Should be in relevant field such as business, marketing, merchandising media, fine art, etc.
- Specialized training in jewelry / insignia a plus. Experience
- Proven success in identifying, contracting with, and managing suppliers / vendors in high volume brick and mortar retail and online business. Jewelry and insignia experience a plus.
- Proven success in the development of marketing materials and campaigns for high volume retail and online business.
- Proven success in managing a profitable high-volume retail business. Jewelry and insignia experience a plus.
- Proven success in managing staff for a small to medium retail business, with online sales and call center, and seasonal pop-up shop operations.
- Proven managerial experience with e-Commerce, call center, and point of sale systems. Start-up experience a plus.
- Minimum ten years of previous retail and online sales experience. Retail jewelry and insignia business a plus.
- Minimum five years of previous experience as manager of retail business. Retail jewelry and insignia business a plus.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, diplomacy and sensitivity, and the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing, building, and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated business and analytical skills.
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and adhere to a budget consistent with departmental andorganizational objectives.
- Ability to develop Strong understanding of process workflows in order to developor revise department procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with order fulfillment in e-Commerce business.
- Proficiency with Point-of-Sale inventory management system.
- Proficiency with Financial Report analysis.
- Appreciated previous titles: Ecommerce Director, Online Sales Director