The eCommerce Director, US, will be a role responsible for the end-to-end eCommerce / online retail side of the company. Reporting to US Managing Director , this role will have P&L responsibility for our online sales channel, working in close partnership with the US Offline Sales Director to ensure a holistic approach to growing the business in a sustainable and incremental way.
Role will sit on the US Leadership team and work in close partnership with marketing, supply and finance to build-out a business which will drive not only the category going forward but importantly play a significant role in ensuring that the go-to-market strategies are fit for purpose and drive the success of the new launches.
The ideal candidate would come with expertise in both digital and eCommerce, and have experience being P&L responsible for both a B2B and D2C business. A key ‘nice to have’ would be experience with a large online retailer such as Amazon, Walmart.com or another top 5 US Online Retailer.
- Develop digital commerce strategy for online retailers and marketplaces, translating overall US commercial objectives and roadmap into short, mid-range, and long-term strategic growth plans for online channels.
- Drive sales and margin through digital channels and marketplaces, winning through best-in-class communications, digital media and marketing plans to drive execution, awareness and continuing progression of our D2C / B2B pillars to drive a connected consumer ecosystem
- Work in close conjunction with US Sales Director to develop and omni-channel distribution plan that allows for incremental gains of both consumers and customers while driving further conversion from offline to online
- Develop new digital channels and online e-tailers, in particular as it relates to new innovations coming to market in both the brand and device spaces.
- Create content strategies for brands and product lines to maximize sales on each retailer platform, executing digital merchandising tactics to drive key KPI’s across online retailer platforms.
- Own the end-to-end planning for online sales operations, working in close conjunction with finance / supply chain / manufacturing to develop backroom support and operations teams for online ordering, shipping, and billing.
- Develop and drive the DTC strategy for US leveraging our website, mobile platforms, and retail stores and the connectivity for the consumer across all channels
- Collaborate with Global Brand, Product, and Digital teams to develop vision and strategy for consumer experiences, ensuring alignment between Brand and Commercial priorities
- Make data driven decisions while constantly testing and learning. Ensure teams are consistently providing post-program ROI analysis paired with consumer insights to make recommendations to increase sales and drive a premium brand experience
- Responsible for strategy, planning and execution of our new subscription and loyalty programs
- Deliver all consumer experience digital touchpoints technology requirements to support our products (Brand web sites, Ecommerce, other consumer apps etc), continuously building-better through functionality / feature improvements which drive cost efficiency to mee the fast-moving needs of the online business
- Manage demand planning, prioritization and delivery of technologies to support consumer experience digital touchpoints (Brand web sites, Ecommerce, other consumer apps etc)
- Partner with marketing to develop commerce content, collateral, customer stories, and support demand generation. Attend key industry events and help to plan & execute Unifonic events.
- Develop marketplaces proposals when required, around end-to-end precision activation to store management, helping brands deliver strong performance and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, Marketing, or relevant field, required.
- Proven track record within ecommerce, required.
- Strong experience with SEO, SEM, affiliates, and email marketing.
- Extensive knowledge of ecommerce technologies and tactics.
- Ability to communicate and transfer technical knowledge to others in various forms (presentations, written reports, training, SOPs, etc.).
- Highly motivated, decisive, and results-oriented individual with the flexibility and creativity to excel in and contribute to a rapidly growing company.
- Appreciated previous titles: VP of Ecommerce, Ecommerce Director, VP of Digital, Digital Director, Head of DTC
- Appreciated previous experience: CPG, Consumer Goods, FMCG, Beauty / Cosmetics, Personal Care, Tobacco, Wine & Spirits, Sporting Goods…