Our client is a mid-size farming company headquartered in Georgia with a small farming operation in Homestead, FL.
The ideal profile for this Farm Operations Manager is professional coming from an agricultural or production type of environment where it is necessary to be both on the field with the harvesters and in the office working with and reporting to the headquarters.
- oversee and be responsible for the complete operation of farming facilities
- reporting to the Farming Operations Director
- responsible for the end-to-end operation, including team development, health & safety, safety & quality, cost, unit economics, crop health, people development and service
- build and develop the best and most complete operation possible
- ensure farm stays on schedule, from waste drop off to boxed for delivery
- work with sales team to meet weekly delivery targets
- collect and analyze data to identify production bottlenecks and resolve existing issues
- optimize product yield with experimentation and operational efficiencies
- advise and implement best practices for farm operations for continuous improvement and integration into new farm facilities
- coordinate cross-functionally with headquarters, R&D, and operations staff to ensure that all critical elements of managing a farm are aligned and integrated
- work cross-functionally with the rest of the team to improve aspects of farm facility/facilities
- ensure all KPI’s are met for production, quality, costs and safety on daily, weekly and monthly basis
- team Development & Productivity