Our client for this Panama Farm President is an established international fish offshore farming company with several farms around the world.
The ideal profile for this Panama Farm President is a C-level executive or general manager who has a strong previous experience in farming or breeding and who knows well the Panama business environment.
The Panama Farm President will focus on 3 main aspects:
- government relations (local, national)
- capital expenditures
- employee relations
- Proven track record as a business leader delivering results including profit and loss responsibilities.
- Detail oriented execution oversight.
- International business expertise including government relationship building.
- Demonstrated success in growing a business, team, and culture.
- All candidates should be polished and confident business leaders.
- COVID 19 vaccination required!
- English and Spanish fluency.
- Experience running the subsidiary of a multi-national corporation with a matrix organization structure.
- Appreciated previous titles: President, CEO, SVP, Executive VP, General Manager, Managing Director, Country Manager
The Farm President is responsible for the success of the Panama Farm. The candidate will understand corporate strategic objectives and formulate detailed plans to deliver expected results. Strategy and planning will include extensive back-up options for reliable execution. Delivering on commitments for finance, sustainability, and community partnership will require leadership of highly skilled functional leaders working in a matrix organization. In this role, the candidate will also actively collaborate with functional peers to help build a strong corporate culture. Full lifecycle responsibilities will include staffing, supply chain, finance, technology, operations, and production. The candidate will be responsible for domestic political and business relationships. This position reports to the Board of Directors of the Group including the Group CEO.
- Overarching farm success aligned with Corporate objectives
- Achieve production, financial (revenue and cost), employment, and quality goals
- Farm execution planning and oversight
- Collaborate with the company’s Corporate leadership team
- Coordination with Marketing and Sales
- Proactive identification and resolution of risks and opportunities
- Oversee farm administration
- Manage matrixed leaders
- Human Resources, Supply Chain, Finance, Operations, Technology, and Production local representatives
- Continuous performance improvement
- Reporting of status, schedules, budgets, and metrics
- Build and maintain relationships
- Establish and maintain government relationships
- Establish and maintain business relationships
- Supply concepts for future corporate technology capabilities
- Grow the business with additional capacity
- Travel, including international, as needed