|Job Title||Flagship Store Director – NYC Iconic Retailer|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Location||New York City, NY|
|Relocation||Relocation package to be negotiated|
|Industry||Iconic Flagship Retail Store (contact us for the category)|
|Reporting to||Head of Global Retail|
|Reports||4 direct reports (Flagship Store Manager, Human Resources Manager, Loss Prevention Manager, and Experiences Manager)|
|Visa||No sponsorship available|
|Salary||High base and strong incentive|
Our client for this unique Store Director opportunity is a very iconic New York City retail store. It does most of its business with international tourists and travelers.
The Flagship Store Director is responsible for leading the overall strategy and operations of the flagship store. The Flagship Store Director creates a diverse and inclusive culture for both store team and customers alike. This role will involve building strong relationships both internally and externally as well as being a dynamic spokesperson for the brand. The Flagship Store Director delivers success by developing a flagship team that delivers world-class customer service, strives for excellence, creates a world of wonderment, and evangelizes the brand, products, and experiences.
As the Flagship Store Director, you will enjoy building strong teams, developing individuals, and delivering results and impact. This position will be responsible for the entire Flagship Store team and will have 4 direct reports including the Flagship Store Manager, Human Resources Manager, Loss Prevention Manager, and Experiences Manager. The Flagship Store Director will also work closely with the Corporate Head of Human Resources to plan, organize and manage all aspects of the Retail HR and Payroll functions including recruiting, employee engagement, training and development and employee relations.
The Flagship Store Director will work a rotating, full-time schedule including days, nights, rotating weekends, and one overnight per month.
We are not necessarily looking for a classic Retail Manager. We are very interested in a very strategic retail executive who could come from Travel Retail / Duty Free, Cruise Ships, Amusement Park, or Department Stores.
- Lead the overall strategy and operations of the flagship store, ensuring that the entire business is running productively and professionally.
- Identify, plan, manage, implement, and evaluate cross-functional business improvement projects relating to retail systems, processes, and procedures.
- Be key in producing materials and processes to support our flagship store and global expansion.
- Develop a store P&L, store staffing plans, team onboarding and training plans, and store role development.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations, the Corporate Head of Retail.
- Ensure a world-class omnichannel shopping experience for all customers. Our physical and eCommerce stores are the public face of the brand, where everyone can directly experience all that is possible with us.
- Establish the highest level of customer experience by setting expectations of excellence in the execution of store standards, product demonstrations, personal shopping, marketing and events, community partnerships, exclusive flagship experiences, and a profound knowledge of our products and the brand.
- Ensure that both incoming and outgoing product to/from our 3rd party Logistics (3PL) facility in New Jersey is well organized and productively staged in our stockroom and on the sales floor in NYC.
- Work closely with our (3PL) provider on accurate daily replenishment to our physical store, including both day and overnight deliveries.
- Support seamless deliveries to our omnichannel customers, whether they buy in our physical store, online, or we courier their product to their hotel from the store.
- Develop a strong relationship with our Corporate logistics partners, 3PL partners, and our outsourced Call Center.
- Actively drive omnichannel sales in all areas of the business, working with the Flagship Store Director and Managers to build and grow effective teams that are maximizing results.
- Ensure that everyone on the team is consistently delivering a world-class experience through entertaining product demonstrations, engaging customer interactions, professional personal shopping, and ever-evolving experiences.
- Collaborate with the Flagship Store Director to initiate and lead business change efforts to achieve maximize desired revenue and payroll results.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, time management, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Flagship Store Management experience with a high attention to detail, or strong strategic experience of retail..
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- The ability to create a retail store P&L
- Experience with retail POS Systems and operations
- Bachelor’s or master’s Degree in business, retail management or related and equivalent experience recommended
- At least 5+ years of strong retail leadership experience in a high profile, big-box, or multi-unit setting
- Proven ability to lead and remain positive, resilient, adaptable, and succeed in a fast paced, public facing retail environment
- Capable of lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and twisting and standing for long periods of time
- Appreciated previous experience:
- Appreciated previous titles: Head of Retail, VP of Retail, Director of Stores, VP of Retail Operations, Regional Director, Director of Retail Operations, Regional Retail Director, District Manager.