Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: General Manager (Cannabis Division)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Alternate location: San Francisco, CA
Market: Primarily California
Visa: Must have a valid work authorization
Job ID: JO-2210-993
Remote work policy: Hybrid (local: 2-3 days/wk)
Job Seniority: Executive Level
Company size: Medium (50-1000 ppl)
Company Ownership: Private Equity backed
Function(s): General Management (of company or division),
We need an executive with previous general management of a cannabis business in California.
- Serve as the General Manager and Chief Operating Officer of the Prestige business being accountable for end-to-end business product life cycle meets the business needs.
- Lead a cross-functional internal team and work in close collaboration with Product Management, Marketing, Sales, etc, to define, develop and execute the launch and omnichannel go-to-market strategy to achieve revenue goals, distribution and penetration goals
- Promote and evangelize the brand and product to build a ground-swell of consumer awareness and understanding, driving penetration through a combination of online and offline activation
- Engage directly with customers, influencers and opinion leaders to ensure the product awareness unlocks top and bottom line performance
- Develop and nurture high-performance cross-functional teams and link performance to overall business objectives.
- Work with operations, supply chain product, and marketing teams to deliver products successfully.
- Commercial leader in the cannabis space, having held both an end-to-end leadership role in the industry and having worked across marketing and online / offline sales
- Proven business leadership results in a fast-paced, high-growth B2B Cannabis business as evidenced by market share gain and leadership.
- Strong command of omnichannel business strategy development across disparate and changing markets.
- Experience in building, selling, marketing, and scaling cannabis / devices
- Appreciation for the unique requirements of the cannabis industry, regulatory and approach when it comes to advertising, sales, etc
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on experience and motivation to work and adjust in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in senior-level business discussions.
- Depth of knowledge / expertise in the California cannabis market
- Appreciated previous titles: General Manager, Chief Operating Officer, Managing Director
- Appreciated previous experience: Cannabis