Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Head of Digital (Hookah, Shisha, Tobacco)
Location: Austin, TX
Industry: Hookah, Shisha, Tobacco
Visa: Must have a valid work authorization
Job ID: JO-2111-936
The employer for this unique Head of Digital career opportunity is a PE backed, fast growing and leading global brand for shisha/hookah consumables. They are turning a market driven by flavors into one driven by quality and branding.
As we expand our footprint in the US, we’re looking for someone to lead our Digital organization, with direct responsibility for driving best-in-class digital consumer experiences in E-Commerce. This is a role with tremendous impact on the short and long term success of the US organization and will be highly visible within the global organization. As we pivot to eCommerce as our future growth engine, we’re keen to bring on-board someone with a track record of success and a passion for developing and creating future platforms that consumers interact and transact with.
- Responsible for developing the overall digital strategy and roadmap for the US organization
- Leading a team of User Experience/User Interface, CRM, SEO and Digital Analytics specialists in delivering better conversion and engagement of our digital platforms
- Drive the outperformance of our digital platforms through a data-driven approach, leading to exponential growth
- Responsible for driving visitor traffic through organic search and paid advertising, ensuring that we are #1 in all branded or unbranded keywords across the category
- Constantly improving the user experience and user interface of our digital selling platforms by observing consumer behavior such as scrolling maps and click maps
- Using Machine Learning/AI, drive advanced segmentation across our consumer database to develop unique acquisition campaigns in email marketing that drive better conversion
- Delighting consumers by running online shopping events such as BFCM, Thanksgiving, etc
- Create best-in-class reporting and insights using Machine Learning/AI techniques to drive increased conversion across all our key digital metrics
- 5-10+ years’ experience with a proven track record of success in Digital E-Commerce within the FMCG/CPG industry with experience in Direct to Consumer E-Commerce
- Growth-focused mindset, with a passion for finding creative new ways to drive outperformance
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, capable of building strong working relationships and motivating people and teams that are cross-functional and multi-level.
- Track record of success with organizational change and systemic culture shifts accompanied with internal stakeholder partnerships.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to be a leader in leveraging new and existing technologies and systems to accelerate growth, profitability and reliability.
- Hands on manager with a strong commitment to the professional development of staff; successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team.
- Strong process orientation, strategic mindset and experience in planning and managing relationships with agencies, third party developers and internal stakeholders
- Appreciated previous experience: Bacardi, Diageo, Moet Hennessy, Pernod Ricard, Medmen, Cura CS, Kush Bottles, Mammoth Distribution, RJ Reynolds, Imperial Tobacco, Philip Morris International, British American Tobacco.
- Appreciated previous titles: Digital Marketing Director, Director of Growth, Head of Ecommerce, Ecommerce Director