Job Status: CLOSED
Job Title: Head of Marketing (Wall Art & Home Decor)
Location: Hollywood, FL
Industry: Wall art & home decor
Market: Mostly US
Channel: DTC, marketplaces, wholesale
Reporting to: CEO
Direct Reports: team of about 8 people
Languages: English only
Visa: Requires a valid work permit (no visa sponsorship possible)
Job ID: JO-2203-968
Remote work policy: Hybrid (local: 2-3 days/wk)
Job Seniority: Middle Management Level
Company size: Small (1-50 ppl)
Company Ownership: Privately Owned
Our client for this Head of Marketing role is a successful, independent fast growing wall art and home decor company. Their channels of distribution in the order of importance are (1) their own direct-to-consumer website, (2) market places like wayfair, amazon, restoration hardware etc, and (3) brick and mortar stores.
Their goal is to position the company as a premium luxury brand and global leader for high-end, unique wall art. They are in the process of moving away from the canvas commodity product to focus on special elevated art finishes to create long lasting value and build a meaningful relationship with our customers/collectors. This is an opportunity to join our organization in a brand new position that will directly support this strategic goal.
The ideal candidate has experience in home decor, home goods (not consumables as they rely more on retention). Experience working for venture capital and private equity backed companies preferred.
This role is a strategic, decisive, nimble, team-oriented leader. Strengths include turning consumer insights into successful innovation and crafting compelling creative communications strategies, with a focus on brands trying to shake up their respective industries.
The Head of Marketing needs to be experienced with innovation, brand equity, brand architecture, and consumer insights on B2C and B2B businesses with both large and very small budgets.
Team leadership skills and organizational development experience for teams up to 30 people is required.
- Set the sustainable marketing strategy for DTC: Pursuing customer acquisition that has a foundation of longevity.
- Build a marketing calendar to maximize returns on the strategy while constantly adding value to our brand image.”
- Analyze consumer behavior and determine customer personas. Create a content strategy to address the needs of our core customer.
- Researching and analyzing market trends and competitors. Analyze customer types and design strategies to attract them. Tracking effectiveness of marketing campaigns and reporting findings to the executive team.
- Own execution of all marketing tasks. Manage agencies, contractors, and internal team members to deliver end results. Managing the design and production of promotional materials, such as newsletters, social content, website landing pages, postcards, etc.
- Design constant, iterative tests throughout the funnel, and use the results to craft data-driven strategy updates that lift key performance metrics.
- Own and manage Internet marketing solutions, social media integration, search engine optimization (SEO), and other monitoring methodologies and analytics.
- Look after the allocated marketing budget and make sure the budget spend is delivering a positive return on investment. Suggest strategies to cut costs or increase ROI.
- Build brand awareness and increase brand value and profitability.
- Ensure that messaging and marketing activities are aligned with brand and company values.
- Create new teams to scale the business or to introduce a new product line or channel, which includes recruitment, design of new team’s structure, defining new functions with clear objectives and responsibilities, all aligning with the company and brand objectives.
- Work experience as Head of Marketing or VP of Marketing, preferably within the home decor ecommerce industry.
- Experience running successful marketing campaigns.
- An analytical mindset and experience with Excel, Google Analytics and SEO practices.
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals.
- Agile and able to quickly adjust to changes.
- Fast-learner and self-starter
- Highly organized and productivity-driven
- Agile and able to quickly adjust to changes
- Able to plan, prioritize and coordinate effectively and independently
- Able to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Able to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Able to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations
- Able to think strategically and anticipate future trends, needs and expectations
- Able to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Possess aptitude and eagerness to learn
- Excited to roll up your sleeves and be part of a collaborative team where no task is too small (or large)
- Appreciated previous experience:
- Appreciated previous titles: Head of Marketing, Marketing Director, VP of Marketing, Brand Director,